Who's had a sale this week?

Me! I had my first sale on here since last May… I nearly fell over.

3 Likes

Still waiting for my first sale:) I have added 20 new listing in my shop and just waiting patiently:)

Me on Tues … same as ilovesparklystuff, I nearly fell off my perch.
This was my first sale on here this year.
I do a lot better face to face.

Kate

2 Likes

Hi
Waiting patiently is not always the best way to get sales.
You need to promote your shop and listings so that people can find you.
Few sales come via the Folksy forum.
I can’t find any link to Folksy on your Facebook page / listings, just a link to your other side shop.
Good luck anyway xx

1 Like

I couldn’t put a Folksy app on my Facebook page yet. Not sure how to do it

Hi, This thread will help you link facebook to your Folksy shop - Folksy link to Facebook

Good luck! Oh and Joy’s absolutely right - you need to work at this to sell successfully online (note to self…) xx

1 Like

Thank you very much. I have just managed to install woobox. Managed to put Folksy and Pinterest on my facebook page, but doesn’t load in anything:( Am i missing something out? How can I actually set up to go straight to my folksy?

Just a link with your Folksy shop Url would help.

Hi Orsi, I just checked mine on facebook and the link was broken so I went into settings on woobox and changed the link from URL to redirect - hopefully that will work for you too.

Apologies for taking the thread off topic sellers!

Helen x

You’re living my dream:D

Does facebook help to sell does any body know as I have had no sales since January could anyone help advise where to go with this

Things will pick up. You just have to keep promoting.
Do craft stalls and give out cards.
Facebook, pinterest, twitter, craftjuice all these things help.
Sometimes it will feel like all you do is promote but it will pick up.
I only had one sale last year.

Had my first Folksy sale ever today. Yippee!

5 Likes

OOh yeah it does feel that way. My better half keep getting angry on me why the heck to I spend so much time on the internet, rather then spend with him or create at least. He doesn’t understand that is 70% of the success. Creating quirky and unusual things is the smaller 30% :smirk:

I have only had 8 sales on folksy so far this month but on my other online stores I’ve had 117 but they have been going longer. The customers are out there, you just have to work hard to build up a reputation and have them find you :smile: It’s taken me nearly 4 years but I’m almost at the point where I can pay myself a wage! Yay!

7 Likes

As usual I have just cancelled a non payed for order…

Is it happening a lot @talulahblue?

Almost every sale these days. They go to the trouble to register an address etc, then don’t pay, I’ve told admin about the problem, quite a long time ago x

I presume you are ‘chasing’ with helpful “do you realise your payment hasn’t come through” emails ?
I get at least a couple of ‘non-payers’ a month but I’ve only, I think, had 2 who have not sorted it out and paid me using one method or another.
xx

I have had a great week with 11 sales. I am the founder of a small charity and every sale is a donation which really helps our cause! :slight_smile:

1 Like