Who's on Instagram

www.instagram.com/iamme_store x

4 Likes

I’m on too…

Jeanie

6 Likes

I’m on Instagram too, come over and say hi …

7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

I’m following you too now, :smiley:

Hi Melanie, I’m going to have to steal your bee logo soon! It’s just what I’ve been looking for! Seriously, I love your artwork :sparkling_heart:

HiYa, following you now… where do you get your stunningly beautiful fabrics? I’ve never seen anything like those in the shops, amazing :heart_eyes:

Hi Emma, found you on Instagram. :smiley:

Hi Thankyou to be honest years of stashing ! I just go to every fabric shop I cAn whenever I’m on my travels. Most of them are fat quarters or ends rolls. I don’t buy much on line but I do like

@ elephant in my handbag

Fabric land and sewing bee fabrics.

Lots of mine are charity shop finds too

I just look for anything out of the ordinary!

Kind regards

Carolyn

1 Like

Hi Jackie, wow thank you :flushed:
I’m a graphic designer by trade (the day job) so I’d be happy to discuss logo ideas with you if you like? xx

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve been insta for a short while but quickly finding it addictive. My follow list will be growing massivly with all these amazing pages. I am @fvbagsaccessories

3 Likes

Know what you mean, now following you :grin:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Not sure if this thread is still running, since no recent posts but I just wanted to ask about Instagram.
I read about using your PC to sign up and gave it a try. I am on Chrome and although I managed to put a bit on a page, I keep having to refresh the page pretty much every time I go on it. Having to right click and go to inspect, before pressing the ‘toggle bar’ icon and sometimes having to refresh the page to even be able to add photos.
It is driving me mad! :confounded:
Does anyone know why this is happening, or having a similar problem through Chrome?
I will keep trying at it, but any advice on this or on Instagram in general, since I don’t have much of a clue, would be so helpful.
Thanks

1 Like

I only use it on my phone, but I suspect it might be because it isn’t designed to work on a computer. People have managed to find a work around so you can upload photos from a computer, but it’s probably not perfect as instagram don’t really want you to use it that way (or they would have designed it to work on browsers themselves).

I know there used to be various software so people could use it on their computers… but instagram would always try to shut them down and ban people who used them because they want everyone to go through the app.
I don’t think there’ll be a risk of getting banned when you’re using the proper website just with an emulated device, but it still probably won’t work as smoothly as the proper app would.

1 Like

Hi Kim,
Thanks for the reply. :smile:
My sister gave me her old i phone, but I have been having problems with it and after reading this post, I thought I’d give Instagram a go through my laptop.
It has been a bit awkward, but like you say, it wasn’t designed for the PC.
Still able to make it work somewhat though, just have to get more images uploaded and start following people etc etc.
Anything that helps spread the word of Folksy and Artists work, always worth giving it a go.
Really love your work by the way!
Maria

3 Likes

HiYa, I had to type in your address on Insta as your link is not recognised. Take a minute and check your address on the Folksy page. I’ve liked your page (and your work, wow!), jackie

Hi Kim, I’m not sure if you’ve seen my post at the top of this thread with info from the brilliant Sally Ellis, so I’ve re-posted here for you. I use Insta on my desktop iMac and my MacBook, using Safari and it works really well. I’ve not tried Chrome. See if it works for you.

"I’ve cut and pasted Sally Ellis’ fantastic reply on how to do it and printed it up and stuck it on my computer. Here it is:

Safari

On Safari, it’s easy. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced. Check the box at the very bottom that says, “Show Develop menu in menu bar.”

Now open a private browsing window. Head to Develop > User Agent > Safari – iOS 10 – iPhone. Go to Instagram.com, sign in and click the camera button at the bottom of the screen to upload a photo from your desktop.

Chrome

In Chrome, go to Instagram.com and sign in. Now right-click the page > Inspect > click the Tablet icon (top-left). The page should switch to mobile view, where you’ll find a camera button at the bottom of the screen, which lets you upload a photo from your desktop.

try it out and let me know if it worked ok for you - it works on Safari but I’ve not used it on Chrome yet.

good luck!"

warm regards, Jackie

Hi Kim, I’ve just posted the link I got from Sally Ellis about using Insta on a desktop mac or pc. Not sure if you had seen it before, if not try out Sally’s suggestions. It works perfectly on my iMac and I do all my Insta stuff on there as I don’t have a suitable mobile phone to work with. Let me know if it works for you
warm regards
jackie

@ArtilyEverCrafter Thanks! I’m sure between your PC and an old phone you should be fine. Although I know when I had a really old phone I stopped getting updates for instagram… when I finally got a new one it was almost like a new app because I’d been stuck on an outdated version for so long!

@DaBeezNeez Yes, this is what I meant when I mentioned using the website with the browser emulating another device, however as I have a working smartphone it really is so much simpler just using instagram from there, but I’m sure it’s a good workaround for those that don’t.
I have noticed using it from a desktop that the options for editing photos don’t come up (filters show but not the individual edit tools)… is that just my computer/browser or is it the same for you too?