Who's on Instagram

I’ve recently take the plunge into the pool known as Instagram (and I’m loving it!). I always thought I had to have the app on my phone - which, like me, is too ancient. However, last week, thanks to Mandy Mishmash asking the question I’m sure many of us were struggling with, the star that is Sally Ellis explained how it can be done on PC and Mac.

I was wondering if there is anyway to find other Folksy peeps on Instagram so I could go ahead and follow them. (Wow! that sounds a little creepy! but I’m sure you know what I mean). Is there a list, or a way to search which I haven’t found (and I’ve been trying all sorts of ways). Same with FB, if anyone has any ideas. Thanks

11 Likes

I’ve also only just relented and got an Instagram account after years of preaching about how much I hate it (turns out I actually quite like it!)

Happy to follow back x

www.facebook.com/fozbomproductions too!

5 Likes

Also, The Folksy Clubhouse on FB would be a good place to find other sellers - you can only join if you are a seller x

2 Likes

I’m on insta I’m @hellobekoko.

I didn’t know you could use it on the PC. How do you add photos from a PC?

4 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/jinkiesvintagerevival/ I’m on Instagram! However I’ve never worked out how to put photo’s on through the P.C, think it’s geared up for smart-phones! (Anyone is welcome to follow!) I’ll have to look at the Folksy club house too…

5 Likes

One of the best ways to find fellow Folksy sellers on Instagram is to have a look through the hashtags (you can even follow hashtags). Good ones to find other folksy sellers might be #folksyseller #folksyfriday #folksy365 #studiofolksy #folksywip and #celebrate_handmade.

6 Likes

Hi Jesse, I’ve found you on Instagram and FB and am now following you on both. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Bekki
I’ve cut and pasted Sally Ellis’ fantastic reply on how to do it and printed it up and stuck it on my computer. Here it is:

Safari

On Safari, it’s easy. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced. Check the box at the very bottom that says, “Show Develop menu in menu bar.”

Now open a private browsing window. Head to Develop > User Agent > Safari – iOS 10 – iPhone. Go to Instagram.com, sign in and click the camera button at the bottom of the screen to upload a photo from your desktop.

Chrome

In Chrome, go to Instagram.com and sign in. Now right-click the page > Inspect > click the Tablet icon (top-left). The page should switch to mobile view, where you’ll find a camera button at the bottom of the screen, which lets you upload a photo from your desktop.

try it out and let me know if it worked ok for you - it works on Safari but I’ve not used it on Chrome yet.

good luck!

2 Likes

I’m now following you on Insta. I love your purses!

HiYa,
I’ve added the instructions which I cut and pasted for Bekki:

Safari

On Safari, it’s easy. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced. Check the box at the very bottom that says, “Show Develop menu in menu bar.”

Now open a private browsing window. Head to Develop > User Agent > Safari – iOS 10 – iPhone. Go to Instagram.com, sign in and click the camera button at the bottom of the screen to upload a photo from your desktop.

Chrome

In Chrome, go to Instagram.com and sign in. Now right-click the page > Inspect > click the Tablet icon (top-left). The page should switch to mobile view, where you’ll find a camera button at the bottom of the screen, which lets you upload a photo from your desktop.

try it out and let me know if it worked ok for you - it works on Safari but I’ve not used it on Chrome yet.

Am also now following you on Insta. Vintage is a passion of mine - probably cos I was there through most of it!:grin:

What a dipstick I am - I didn’t add my Instagram address! I’m DaBeezNeez.Artisan.Jewellery. Come and follow me and I promise to follow back :yum:

Hi Jackie,

I am another Jackie and I joined Instagram about 3 months ago. I really enjoy Instagram, mainly to see so many other makers, artists or just people that like the things I like! My dog seems quite popular too!!!
instagram.com/Southfieldbarn is where you will find me.
I am fairly new to Folksy too. Will find and follow you:smiley:

4 Likes

Just tried it on chrome but it didn’t work for me. I’ll try again in a bit when I have a bit more time

Thank you for having a look at my purses :kissing_smiling_eyes: I’ve got a couple more on the go that I hope to make up if my sewing machine can be kicked into shape. I’ll come and find you on instagram later x

1 Like

This is me, I’m a social media Luddite so need all the help I can get.

6 Likes

I found and am following you. I have to say your photographs are exquisite.

1 Like

I’m on the gram! I’ll hunt you guys out on there. :slight_smile: https://www.instagram.com/francescas_words/

6 Likes

I’ve only been on IG since February and I love it!

This is me:

6 Likes

I only joined instagram very recently (same problem as Jackie) but I like it. I’ll try to catch up with everyone on IG who posts in this thread :grinning:

You’ll find me here

4 Likes

I found you Francesca and I’m following ya. I’d seen some of your work in some of the folksy # 's groups - I love them, they’re hilarious!