Would anyone like to hide items for sale from the item listing page?

Does anyone else feel the need to have the ability to either delete a listing or hide a listing from sale, accessible from the listing page itself? I have a lot of items for sale in my shop - in excess of 400 at times and it would be a great help if I could find the item I wanted from my ‘shop view’ page and be able to delete the item or hide it from sale, rather than having to trawl through all 10 or 11 pages of listings in my dashboard. Especially useful if I have sold an item off Folksy at a craft fair!

Would this be a feature that would be of interest to anyone else on here? Would it be do-able @Folksyadmin? Perhaps even from the edit item page?

Looking forward to hearing your views and to find out if this would actually be possible.

Jacqueline x

2 Likes

Agree Jacqueline, it would be useful.

Also, just being able to search for a specific item within our shop would be helpful. I often trawl down a few pages to find something that I want to edit/copy/relist etc.

1 Like

Exactly what I would like to do too - wouldn’t it make life much easier and user friendly for sellers?

Yes, that would be really useful. I was just thinking I would like to be able to ‘copy’ a listing from the actual item page, as I find it so frustrating having to search for the item I want through all my listings. We can edit from there already, but we can’t do all the other things we want to do. Please Folksy, this would save so much time!

1 Like

Yes, yes, would be really, really useful! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I’d like this function as well - like you I’ve got lots of listings and having to trawl through all of them to find the item I’m after to adjust the stock levels can be a pain (especially if I’m on my mobile trying to do it during a quiet moment at a craft fair). Even grouping listings by their collection on the ‘manage listings’ page would make life easier.

2 Likes

Yes , would love this feature too

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea to me too.

1 Like

Totally agree. And what I don’t understand is if I use the edit listing I can’t enter a quantity of 0 (if I have sold the item elsewhere) but if I trawl through all my listings in my dashboard I can enter a quantity of 0 which takes the item off sale. What’s the difference?

1 Like

Jacqueline @JAustenJewelleryDesign - yes I agree. I have set up a suggestion on the support page, maybe if we all vote for it it might get implemented. Heres the link

3 votes from me!!

I’ve voted…

Just voted - 3 votes from me!!!

I’ve been tagging everything with Joysofglass. That helps to search my own shop.

Joysofglass is unique that you don’t need to use a tag, just have it within the listing description. Then you can use your tag for something else :slight_smile:

I was going to vote but it says I am out of votes - how can that be if I haven’t voted ?? I think its a brilliant idea as having to trawl through loads of pages is extremely time consuming.

Thanks yes Stephanie it’s just that I’m still tagging some of my listings as I get round to them and it’s easier while I’m doing that to put it in the tags. I rarely want to use all of them anyway, :slight_smile:

1 Like

@SamsGemstoneJewellery, you only have 10 votes in total. You can vote for each idea up to 3 times. If an idea is implemented by Folksy your votes for that idea are returned to you. You must have voted for previous ideas at some stage. If you go to the suggested features page under Help and Support it tells you how many votes you have left (top right). If you look through the topics you can see where you have used your votes and adjust them as you wish in order to free up some votes if you want.

Hope that makes sense.
Roz

Thanks Roz. I thought you were allowed 3 votes per suggestion. I have now cleared some old votes so managed to vote 3 times for this suggestion :smile:

Yes I totally agree. I have to go through all the pages. It would also be very helpful for me if we could also copy from a listing as well. I sell many similar items and have to trawl through all the listings to find one to copy. Please, please that would be so much easier and save So much time x