Your fabric cutting work space

I remember that type of table when I did a dressmaking course, they are great. I keep wishing I could have one of those.

I have got a door (yes, really) hinged onto the wall over the spare room single bed. It drops down onto a wooden frame, and its a big size for cutting out. When some one needs the bed, it hinges back onto the wall! But then I have to clear all the clutter which I have accumulated all over the mattress space underneath.( When I said it was a big table, I didnt mean it was big enough of course!)

4 Likes

One thing Iā€™ve learnedā€¦it will never be big enough. No matter how large a work surface Iā€™ve had, itā€™s never been enough for me. It might have something to do with the fact that tables tend to get covered in things in our house!

4 Likes

Ive been cutting out some pieces from fat quartersā€¦ I say fat quarters, some are big, some are small, none of them match up to the stated size on the label. This is annoying when I can get 4 bits from 1 piece and only 3 from another, in some cases only 2 bits!!!