2015 diets (sorry)

Ok. . . . . Moving on to the diet, I have cut, bread, pasta, milk (as it gave me cramps and made me feel sick), biscuits, sugar, cakes and meat.

Been doing this for 2 weeks now and the lbs are shedding away, drinking loads of water and green tea, oh and I eat a lot of veggies, fruit ( fresh and dry), nuts and seeds.

Porridge for breakfast with a teaspoon of maple syrup, an omelette or some fruits with a green tea.

Hope that helps for all of us that are trying. . . . . . We can all do it girls. . . . Just walk away from the muffins and take a deep breath and say to yourself ‘’ I can do lose it, I can lose this unwanted weight’’

Xxx

Im already going to slimming world, took me a year to loose 3st but after this xmas i recon i have put on 1/2 st so your not alone. getting back to it next week

1 Like

I’ve tried the 5:2 diet and lost almost 1 1/2 stones over a year. To be honest I wasn’t sticking rigidly to 500 cals (usually about 650) and had a few weeks (birthday/Christmas) when I didn’t bother at all, but it worked. It’s much easier to resist something you really want when you know you can have it the day after, rather than having to wait weeks before you can have something you fancy again. :smiley:

2 Likes

@wobbear If milk gave you cramps it sound like you are lactose intolerent, like me. There are good lactose free items you can buy, I recently discovered lactose free yoghurts…guess what Il be snacking in tonight.

@FluffStuffCrafts I totally agree its easier to resist things when you know you can have them the next day.

2 things i forgot to mention. Ive been asked to feed my brothers cat tomorrow as they are away… do I take the car, walk or jog(snigger) Il probably walk. only takes 15 mins to walk…or 4 minutes in a car…nope, Il definately walk

Also, I had a bigger than normal lunch today and I feel full this evenig. So maybe I need to eat more during the day to prevent me eating in the evenings.

@wobbear, there is no chance of wedding bells, unfortunately. My fella is one of those that say “done that and it didn’t work” I would love to get married again, but I’m not going to let that get in the way of what is shaping up to be a very pleasant future together.

Oh and Sam, @SamsGemstoneJewellery, I’d start with the free sites like pof.com first. I spent a small fortune on the more well know paying sites and got absolutely nowhere - just let go and give it a whirl, you’ll have lots of fun.
x

1 Like

Awwww as long as your both happ liz that is what reall matter. . . . And Grimm could you please let me know the name of the yogurts as I’ll be doing food shopping this Thursday and would like to give them ago x

Cutting out Bread, Potatoes, Pasta & White Rice did it for me. Hubby and I drink a lot of green tea and green apples and pears too which has helped.

@wobbear Hiyathe yoghurts I get are from this range http://www.lactofree.co.uk/products/yogurt/

I just had dinner and worked out that i had over 1000calories in that 1 meal!! No wonder Im a tad hefty.

1 Like

A tad hefty… never heard it put quite like that but it made me giggle !!! :slight_smile:

2 stone to lose but I’m a bit busy today as I’ve got to eat all the biscuits/chocolate/cakes/crisps (in fact all the food) in the house today so that I don’t break the resolution tomorrow! That will work won’t it?

As far as other resolutions are concerned I’m with you @SamsGemstoneJewellery although I have already managed the smoking bit a few years ago (hence the weight gain!). Prior to giving up smoking I did manage to lose 2 stone as I knew I would probably eat more (and I did!). My advice would be not to try and give up too much in one go unless you’ve got a will of iron!

Good luck to all

2 Likes

@Rozcraftz I have an assortment of crisps, chocolate and biscuits to plough through before new year too!!

We’ve hardly got any left overs or chocolates etc to eat, we went to our daughters for Christmas dinner so the left overs stayed with her. Its back to lots of veg and lean meat now as I did put on about 1/2 lb over the few days.

10.22am on the first day of healthy eating, all I can think about are the biscuits in my fridge.

1 Like

I just did some housework and did a bit of dancing to 80’s/Kylie, I hope that counts as exercise as I still want the biscuits in the fridge.

Now I want the biscuits in your fridge, too. x

1 Like

I need to lose about 12 lbs, I’ve never been as heavy as I am now! I’m not ‘dieting’ as such though, just trying to avoid sugary things and generally eat more healthily.

I’m sure one biscuit wouldn’t break anyone’s diet, just so long as it’s only one! :smile:

2 Likes

Half of my problem is buying the bad food in the first place. I’m going to keep a forfeit box, and if I can I’ll put the money in there instead of buying the chocolate etc. I’m going to empty my purse of change regularly and put it in there too.

Forfeit box is a good idea, a bit like a swear box. I have a few naughty things left, I wont throw them but wont buy more when they are gone. I guess its a start.

Have been pretty good today - turned down fried breakfast and had muesli and went for an hours walk with the dog instead. Did sneak a choccy this afternoon but only because they have been looking at me all day! Fish and salad for tea … how long will this last?!