2015 diets (sorry)

I’ve given up trying to lose the last half stone. I’m 52, I can’t expect to fit into the same clothes as I did 20 years ago. Just avoiding gaining any more, that’s my target :smile:

2 Likes

Whatever you do dont starve yourself I did once and lost so much weight I had no energy. Just eat normally and do great excorsize. Cut out white breads.

Louise you are right there! :smile:

What’s influenced me is that I have a friend suffering from anorexia. I can see what starvation does to someone and I’m not going down that road.

@FayeHuxham I cut down on white bread, pasta, potatoes and white rice a long time ago and that helped me loose 2 stone. I occasionally have a small quantity of carbs like for instance this weekend I’ve had some white bread. I’m still eating all the other foods like meat etc but just in smaller portions and lots of green vegetables. I’ll never go as starving myself.

1 Like

Good I cant eat white pasta unfortunatly as I an allergy to it.I was just a young teen then when i did that. It wasnt the right way to go. You keep it up and you will get there!! Brown rice is also great organic. Best of luck.

1 Like

I forgot about this thread even tho I started it. As you can probably tell the diet has gone out the window but in an odd way Im trying not to eat too much even tho Im still being bad. Getting weighed at the docs next week so il let you know of results.

2 Likes

I never use scales!!

In that case, Im currently wearing a shirt that can sometimes be too tight for my shoulders, but its not tight at all now so I may have lost something.

2 Likes

My husband read in the paper yesterday that some trials have been done on benefits of green tea, and apparently it has been proven that it helps block the absorbtion of carbs.
I knew it helped me suppress appetite so I’m glad that it has other good functions too.

I have been very lazy about planning healthy meals in the last few months ,due to lack of time.
Must try harder, as both OH and I can see the weight creeping back on.

1 Like

I read that too and coincidentally had lots of green tea yesterday!!

I recently started ot drink coffee and again and found that surpresses my appetite, not for long mind you, but I did notice its effect.

2 Likes

I’ve been drinking green tea for over a year now and convinced that’s what’s helped me loose my weight.

2 Likes

Its official, I have a result from an independant ajudicater and I have most definately lost 6lbs.
Im 40 in a week, at least I havnt put on weight. Hooray, now Im going to stuff my face with a pie.

5 Likes

Great news about the green tea @DeborahJonesJewellery. I’m not sure I like the taste much tho - I suppose adding sugar somewhat defeats the purpose …

1 Like

That’s really interesting about the tea! I drink green tea now - love the Salted Caramel flavour one! There are also some Super Green Teas just in the shops called Boost claiming other health benefits! They are just Tetley I think - the Lime one is yummy! Lime is supposed to help combat tiredness & fatigue! Not sure I can feel the benefits yet but it is Summer Hols & I have 3 kids lol!

1 Like

The lime one sounds nice - will have to have a look.

I have had to stop the fast diet as I’ve been suffering with gastritis and don’t know whether that has played a part. I am frustrated as I don’t want to put the weight back on but I have decided to do two low calorie/healthy eating days a week instead of a proper fast day - hopefully it will be kinder to my stomach and help me maintain the weight loss.

We buy the green tea from Tesco’s the Tic Toc one in the green box. It’s also organic.

I’ve been doing at least one craft fair a week for a couple of months, which means nibbling on junk all day and ordering a takeaway when I get home too tired to cook a proper meal. I’m noticing the effects now, it’s like January all over again, so time to take control.

I used to make iced tea as a summer drink, so maybe iced green tea instead of fizzy pop will be a start.

Yesterday was our fast day and as it’s so warm I thought salad for lunch instead of soup, so we had ready prepared chicken salad from Aldi, 108 calories and absolutely delicious. It came with a mango dressing which I didn’t think I would like but it was lovely.

I’m so pleased because we weighed ourselves this morning and hubs has now lost 2 stone in the 18 months we have been doing a one-day-a-week fast. He’s only got one double chin left to lose! (His words not mine). Looking and feeling so much better for it.

4 Likes