A very special #Folksyfriday

My husband Bob had bypass heart surgery on Wednesday so I have been (and remain) rather preoccupied and not much glass work going on round here.
Today I hear he is much better so I’m having a moment of relaxation and what better to do than make a Folksy Friday board so here it is.
The theme is rather obviously well chosen :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Joy, I hope Bob continues to improve day by day and you can relax more, and hopefully return to a better, more active life once he is better. The hearts board is lovely and so apt, thank you for including one of mine :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Lovely board Joy, I hope Bob makes steady progress and you can relax. i have a friend who had this done last year, he now dons his walking boots again and tramps miles over the fields with the dogs, it certainly has worked wonders for him.

1 Like

Sending you hugs Joy, never easy when DH is poorly. Here is for a speedy recovery x

1 Like

I’m glad to hear Bob’s improving. Wishing him a speedy recovery. xx

1 Like

Oh hi Joy. I was thinking of you; just you take care, and love you lots.
SallyAnn xxx

4 Likes

Glad to hear. Must have been such a worry. Lovely board x

1 Like

Not having a Pinterest account I couldn’t see much of your board, but the theme was a lovely one. I hope your husband continues his recovery, and my best wishes to both of you.

1 Like

Joy @JOYSofGLASS, just to say as well what a lovely Pinterest Board.

I loved the variety of hearts; my special favourite was “the Handmade Robin Redbreast Gift With you Every Day Ornament”

Thanks
SallyAnn xxx

1 Like

That’s really good to hear, Joy. It must have been a really stressful and worrying time for you both, though it’s often harder to be the person standing by. Look after yourself as well as Bob. Hx

1 Like

Glad to hear he’s improving Joy xx
I shall pop over and take look at your Heart board.

1 Like

Thinking of you both Joy x

1 Like

Glad to hear your husbands op went well, hope he continues to improve daily Joy xx.

1 Like

Thank you very much everyone. Have to admit to being totally shattered having spent most of the last 3 days at the hospital but they say Bob is absolutely fine, doing well and I can see he is in excellent hands.
Glass making has gone a bit by the way this week but as soon as I have him safely home I will return to it as it is normally my best way of relaxing. I decided though that using a glass cutter when feeling incredibly hot and pretty flaky is not a good idea.
xx

2 Likes

Glad to hear Bob’s improving take care thinking of you x

1 Like

All the best to Bob and to you Joy,I hope he makes a swift recovery.

1 Like

Paul Thank you very much. He’s been 12 days in CCU and now on day 18 in hospital as he’s not just had a bypass, also had an atrial tumour removed. Back on the ward yesterday and I can breathe again. Even relaxed enough to make a bit of glass this morning before I head off to spend the rest of the day with him.

1 Like

So glad to hear Bob is making a good recovery, and hope that you are looking after yourself.

Was it really only 2 weeks since I created this topic. Actually 3 weeks since we set off to do the shopping in Tesco and I diverted us to the hospital A&E at Stoke Royal who took Bob into their absolutely excellent care and kept him there until he had been fixed (Double arterial bypass and removal of a myxoma).
Today they let him out and he has returned home making it the longest trip to Tesco he has ever made.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to so many of you who have given your good wishes.

Going to be a little quiet for a week or two as he builds up his strength and knits his ribcage back together again but we’ve known he had a problem since returning from India in early March so all I feel now is utter relief. Just sooooo pleased I made the decision to take him to the hospital and not home when he felt unwell and that it was the right hospital I took him to …and not the one where he had been seen up to that point… where they just kept saying he was stable and non-urgent. Wrong !

5 Likes

How lovely that you have Bob back home now Joy. Take it easy both of you. x

1 Like