About signatures and stores

I liked having names up there too, it makes it much easier to chat.

Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t imagine it, Iā€™ve been a bit distracted lately as a pipe in my lovely new studio sprung a leak :ā€™( - no permanent damage but a lot of drying out to do. In fact I am going to go down and glare at the dehumidifier now and see if that will make it work faster.

2 Likes

clever way to do it, adding your name - that will help those who prefer real names. personally I answer to most things but prefer nifty to be honest

1 Like

@SianFolksy any update on whatā€™s happening with shop links?

Also is there a reason why our names have disappeared?

It canā€™t be an anonymity issue because when we click on the profile we can find names there. Iā€™d find it so much easier to chat if we could see names on the forum.

I added them back sorry about it.

Regarding store links, we just need some mockups of where / what you would like.

Now that our names appear across the top of the post I guess the most sensible thing is to put all our identity info in a line there
username name shopname

although mine will be a bit repetitive
ffflowers Helen Smith ffflowers

What do other people think? Should we identify which is the shopname? Maybe
ffflowers Helen Smith ffflowers on Folksy

2 Likes

Sam is working on a shop owner ā€˜badgeā€™ (title and possibly an icon) which will appear under your avatar on the left hand side, heā€™s just waiting for us to make a decision on the best way to display that. Sorry for the delay!

2 Likes

Helen I really like the last suggestion of yours, it makes it very clear. Mine will also be repetitive but I canā€™t see any other way around it.

StephanieGuy Stephanie Guy Stephanie Guy Fine Art on Folksy

1 Like

Yes, my other one will be even more repetitive
HelenSmith Helen Smith HelenSmith

so I think what @SianFolksy says about having the shop link with our avatar on the left is probably better!

1 Like

We can also use a ā€œglyphā€ for the shop link, its a bit less obtrusive / repetitive.

Eg, something like this: http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icon/shopping-cart/

How important is the shop name?

Well itā€™s not important to me because my shop names are both the same as my usernames. You maybe need to do a quick survey of people with different shop/user names?

sorry - whatā€™s your name again? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™d say itā€™s very important. we want people to remember us as individual shops, not anonymous blobs. I know there have been problems in the past with new buyers not realising we are all individuals, thinking they are buying from ā€œfolksyā€ as a shop, not from one of us within the overall venue.

1 Like

I think shop name is very important Sam, my shop name is my brand and I work hard to make it stick in my customersā€™ minds.

2 Likes

Shop name is very important for me too - I use Joysofglass all over the place as it both names me and my type of craft.

1 Like

If you click on the userā€™s photo, you get to see a bit more about them and find the link to their shops. Maybe that would help?
I also think info repeated at the bottom of every message might be off putting.

I suppose really the thing that is not all that important is our username - either it is the same as our shop name or it is something we would like to change to be the same as our shop name!

2 Likes

A reminder to those who havenā€™t done it yet - that it is a good idea to put the link to your shop in the Profile. This was suggested as a good idea in the initial weekā€™s testing.

4 Likes

yes, thatā€™s what I thought. I have seen several threads fin the past from people who didnā€™t realise that their username was stuck and not the same as their shop. Iā€™ve not seen anyone saying the opposite (though of course there will be one!)

1 Like