Folksy Friday not linking

I’ve just done a Folksy Friday for Hedgehogs, first time in months. Though I could link the first 3 shops, I couldn’t get the other 4 to do so - the shop name is there but not highlighted. As far as I can see, I’ve written them correctly. Is it me or is there a problem??

1 Like

Hi ya, if this is when you are linking people on FB I often have the same issue - usually they are either not on FB or their privacy settings don’t allow others to tag them. Unfortunately you can’t tell from someones profile/page whether they allow tagging! I figure so long as I’ve mentioned their name (even if it won’t tag) and added a link to the item I’ve given the credit to the right person!

Cheers Lou

1 Like

It’s not Facebook though, only put it out here on the Talk Folksy so far and I don’t recall having a problem adding teir shop links before

Sometimes people have set up ‘Folksy Talk’ handles that are different from their shop names, could that be it?

I think that’s because they don’t use the forum. I often have some which don’t tag here, it was three this week.

I took the @ thing from their actual; shop name I would’ve though that would work?

Perhaps. Still seems strange when that’s still their Folksy shop name?

Sellers have to sign up for the Talk forum separately and are asked to set up a user name, most just use their shop name but some have set up a different one e.g. used their actual name, have more than one shop, just fancied something different etc, so they may have done that, or not signed up here at all.

If you’ve been able to tag them on Talk before it could be a different issue but this is the most common one I’ve come across. It can be difficult tying it all together if they are under different names on here and on social media as well :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’ve been on here that long, I’d forgotten all of that (if I ever realised!) Thanks for that, just glad that it’s not a glitch on my account!

When someone joins the forum it automatically links to their Folksy account and creates an account from their Folksy username (which isn’t always the same as the shop name, but it’s what’s at the end of the URL), but if they’ve never tried to log on to the forum before, their forum account won’t have created yet so you won’t be able to tag them.

There are also rare occasions when it isn’t the same as their username, but that’s normally because they’ve changed their Folksy username but haven’t logged out of the forums since for it to update, so their forum account is still showing as their old username.

1 Like