Allow search within a specific shop

I’ve put this on the FB group too.
My daughter was looking for something in my shop the other day and observed it is a shame there is no facility to search for things within a specific shop. She is quite right.

Ok if you have a shop with limited stock but my shop is heaving with things and there’s an awful lot of pages to get through if the thing you want is on the last page.

I did suggest that if she had added Joysofglass to her search term it might have helped as I very often (actually nearly always I have discovered, brain must have been on overdrive) add it as a tag.

From now on I am going to tag everything with my shopname and will add a note so people know to use it if they want to search for something specifically of mine… but… Folksy would it not be quite a simple change to enhance the Search function by adding the shop name automatically as an extra tag to all the listings for a shop ?

I’ve added this as a suggested enhancement.

Votes here please : https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features/suggestions/38422168-make-shop-name-an-automatic-extra-tag-on-all-listi

2 Likes

Hi, yes I think this would be a good option to have in our shops. I know we have the sections at the top but if you a lot of items it would help.
Good idea :grin:x

1 Like

I think adding the shop name as a tag (manually or Folksy doing it automatically) is a bit of a work around, but really there should be a search box within our shops that specifically searches only our shop, because I think a lot of people wouldn’t think of using a search term plus a shop name in the regular search bar.

That or if you’re already in a shop and put something into the regular search box, it gives you the option of searching “in this shop” or “on Folksy” (but I imagine technically that might be more difficult to set up).

1 Like

I was going for what I suspect would be a pretty quick short term fix.

2 Likes

Yes I did think that when I was looking through a couple of shop at the weekend. It would be handy x

1 Like

@folksycontent @dougfolksy I know you can only have a tag once against a listing… eg I can only have Joysofglass once
But
Did you know I can have joysofglass as well… Just spotted it in one of my listings and tested it with another word with capital and without and it took both !