Anyone else have trouble using 'Shopkeeping' to reorder listings?

I’ve been trying for weeks to move my newest listings up to the top in my shop, and I also really need to re-order things to freshen up what shows in each section of my shop, but ever single time I try and use Shop Keeping to change the order of things, and the page freezes, and an error message comes up.

I’ve tried on my laptop and my Kindle, but no joy!

Is anyone else having this problem?

It’s getting very frustrating…

1 Like

I always find it a bit reluctant to move from bottom to top and bottom is a long long way down in my full shop but they do always go eventually… just have to keep kicking them until they shift :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been having issues too, mainly that I move things around but when I check my shop they aren’t where I put them, and it even jumbles other items too that I haven’t moved. I have emailed support about it and they have passed it on to an engineer to look at, but not sure when it will be sorted. I’m reluctant to move anything at the moment as I can’t guaranteee where it will end up.

2 Likes

It has been a real nightmare for me too , as I list a few items and they are at the bottom…then when I want to show them on the challenge thread I move them to the top…or TRY…
What I do now, is to click on shopkeeping…and go and make a cup of tea…when I come back with my cuppa the pictures are there…THEN the nightmare of moving the item to the top…continually get…wait or leave the page…so I wait patiently and it usually takes me at least 5 or 6 clicks to get it to move…I thought it was just ME and that it was because I have over 400 items that was slowing it down…obviously not.
I could scroll them slowly to the top but that is WORSE,Lately I spend more time doing this than painting…lol…

3 Likes

I don’t seem to have problems when moving one or two new items from the bottom to the top but recently I tried to re-order a few and they wouldn’t stay where i had put them, they looked perfect in shopkeeping but once i went back to my shop they were not in the order I had put them in. I spent ages one night trying to get them back into my original order as they were settling in random places, I tend to have a bit of ocd with organising so it does bug me that I havn’t got them quite right.

1 Like

I’ve got over 600 items. It’s a nightmare! I leave the page for ages to load, and if I’m very, very lucky I’ll manage to get one, maybe two items, to move to the top, and then it crashes again.

If we can’t move stock to the top easily, then I wish we could have new items being highest on our list, rather than going to the bottom!

1 Like

Can anyone explain the reasoning behind newly listed items going to the bottom and not the top? I’ve tried and tried to think of a good reason for this but it just seems completely illogical to me!

3 Likes

I have often wondered this, but in one way it is useful.
I like to have my shop set out in a particular way, so a row of 4 purses, then a row of 4 make up bags, then a row of 4 tote bags etc. I also like to have items made of the same fabric that match, close together and I tend to have them in vertical rows, so if I have a purse in the same fabric as a make up bag it will be directly below it.
If a newly listed item went straight to the top it would shift everything along and mess it up and I would have to re arrange everything straight away. By going to the bottom it doesn’t interfere with anything else.

1 Like

Thank you - that is a reason I hadn’t thought of!

1 Like

I think what I also find frustrating is that I can’t ‘feature’ an item because I can’t even get the list to scroll down