Are your sales picking up yet?

For me, it seems to get quieter each year. I am promoting, and have similar items for sale, but last year was quieter than previously, and this year is quieter still.
I thought Folksy would get to be more well known, but this doesn’t seem to be the case.
Maybe it’s because more shops are opening, and any money has to be shared between more sellers, or perhaps people are just not spending.
Jayne

No sales unfortunately here except one a few months ago. :unamused:

This is interesting as hear a lot complaining, on the other site too! How is the big sellers list going, I don’t know how to access it to find out?

I’ve had a few sales during the last couple of months but not as many as I’d hoped but I have had a few commissions to keep me going, some from my regulars, a couple via facebook and a couple from recommendations from previous customers. I’m busy trying a couple of new things at the moment, trying to keep my shop fresh. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t call it complaining exactly, @Amberlilly . We have to beware of the Forum Police telling us off about being negative :slight_smile: We have to keep smiling at all times!
I don’t know how to get to the Best Sellers list. I used to be a regular but it would be a miracle if I appeared on it these days… :slight_smile:

1 Like

https://folksy.com/bestsellers
remember that it is done on total value of items sold not total number of items sold, so you can sell one expensive thing and go to No. 1 but sell dozens of low priced items and not get in at all.

Oh gosh @SashaGarrett I see what you mean! One haven’t sold many but is number 1
I’m in a dilemma about re doing my plus account???

I should have been clearer - its total value of sales for the previous 7 days not total number of items sold in the same period. A quick look at the sold items of the shop at No.2 makes me think he’s sold one of his articulating seals (adorable but £300!) which would mean that the shop at No.1 would have needed to sell 14 or so baby cardis in the previous week to beat him (which might explain why the No. 1 shop is on holiday - she is frantically knitting!). As for the plus account - you need to list/ relist over 250 items per year (or ~20 per month) for it to pay for itself, if you think you can achieve that then it is worth having otherwise I wouldn’t bother.

No, you explained it fine.

My sales have ground to a complete halt & stayed there. Boo hoo. I thought renewing my plus account might have helped but not a sausage

Me too, me too. (I had to write it twice as I was told “Body is invalid, try to be more descriptive” :slight_smile: )

Maybe I will hold off getting the Plus Account. Can’t afford to waste the money. I will just keep to what I’m doing. At least until things pick up, I mean until I get a sale for September at least!

Me too, very sad about the lack of sales

no sales here either :frowning: . the other side is pretty quiet too. roll on Christmas, lol

I’ve actually sold 5 things this week, four to the same person. All of in the lower price range ( ie: not pewter, which is my main thing…) So perhaps people are starting to look for inexpensive gifts…

I’m beginning to wonder what’s going on…other than a custom order from a regular, I have only sold 2 low value items since the beginning of August…last October I sold a few bags, Christmas decorations and had orders for stockings…this year, virtually nothing.
I have more followers on Facebook and Twitter and promote more regularly than last year, but my sales are worse!
I have had a lot more views and likes in recent weeks…but not sales.
I really don’t know what to do…do I keep making in the hope of a last minute rush!?

1 Like

No, my sales aren’t picking up much either compared to last year. Everyone’s saying the same on the forums at E… though too.

I thought my October discount code might help a bit, but I’ve only had two takers :open_mouth:

At least it’s not just me then, and not just Folksy…but it’s still very depressing.
I’m struggling to find the motivation to make anything. I have managed to cut out some Christmas oven gloves this morning…just need to drag myself off the sofa now to sew them up!

My sales are still quite slow, just keep at it, hopefully things will get better and Christmas sales will pickup
xx