Art chat 5th - 11th October

Huzzah the dreaded tax return is done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hiya all.

Thank-you for the kind comments all, much appreciated.

Here is my listing for todayā€¦

https://folksy.com/items/6725567-TWO-4-x-6-Encaustic-Art-Abstract-Greeting-Cards-006-

3 Likes

Ha ha Stephieā€¦I would be bored but happy doing what I want to doā€¦lol

1 Like

Very pretty work Kelly :smile:

Hiya all.

Thank-you Margaret :smile:

https://folksy.com/items/6726077-An-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-Butterflies-006-

1 Like

my listing for todayā€¦I needed a touch of purpleā€¦lol,ā€¦

1 Like

evening all, been helping hubby with decorating, almost ready to paint hopefully tomorrow! ah Stephie tax return is next on my to do list I like to get it in before end of October

lovely work everyone

Iā€™m so very glad I donā€™t have to do tax returns!

Next week I have to have my performance review, which should be interesting, as both my ex boss (he of the kidney stones), who has never officially been told heā€™s not my boss any more, and my new boss, will be there. Both of them will be setting my objectives for next year, each of them think they should be doing it. Could be fun!

Fab work Kelly and Brenda.

1 Like

oh dear Margaret, that sounds like it could be difficult! Iā€™m off today whoo, popping out this morning to get paint for the bathroom, and some crafty supplies to make some christmas wreaths, I have a few ideas I want to try!. I have a busy few days planned to stock up with new items ready for listing as after this week the boss is back and I know work is just going to be crazy again with long days, plus I have training coming up in a few weeks and baby is due in just 4 and a half weeks!

Thought I would list a coaster option today, these are really popular at fairs and on line so I thought Iā€™d offer a pack of 4 in one design or mix and match

2 Likes

Gorgeous coasters Max, Iā€™m not surprised theyā€™re popular, I love mine!

Hi all, Iā€™ve just been over the thread with the hoover. Sending tissues for Stephie xx
Lovely coasters Max.
i have been busy but not much painting but have had some sales at exhibitions.
Just done an epic long blog post about a fascinating sculpture installation I went to see in London.
if u would like ot have a look http://colours-textures.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/rising-tide.html

Hiya all.

Fabulous work on here!

Thanks for the kind comment Margaret.

https://folksy.com/items/6726793-TWO-4-x-6-Encaustic-Art-Abstract-Greeting-Cards-007-

1 Like

Good luck with the review Margaret.

Thanks for the tissues Tessa - surprisingly Iā€™m OK. I do miss Kit but Iā€™m not in pieces, which was a very real fear for me. The installation looks fab, how long is it staying there for? I hope itā€™s permanent.

Love all the art on here, I especially like Maxā€™s coasters. I too love my coasters of yours, I use them daily.

Iā€™ve finally started a new big painting. The vision is brush stroke sky and palette knife seagulls on an 80 x 20cm canvas. If you click on the pic it will take you to an album where I intend to show it develop through the various stages.

1 Like

Afternoon allā€¦just dashing in in a hurryā€¦
a woodland scene from me today

1 Like

Just popping in to say nice work everyone.
Haveā€™t had the time to make any real drawings this last week but Iā€™ve lots of ides, and hoping to list new prints today!

1 Like

morning allā€¦hope you all have a good weekend.

Morning Brenda thatā€™s pretty, I love the background.

Iā€™m going to do a bit of work on my shops next I think. Iā€™ve got not-really-a-pup-anymore Rory coming for a sleepover at one so it will be an active afternoon for me.

Fab work everyone, love that snowy ACEO Brenda.

Iā€™ve been to Nantwich Artisan Fair today and bought home made soap and a gorgeous handmade cushion. Two items where the cost of postage puts me off buying online. Got an almond cake in the oven and Iā€™m about to sew some more of my tiger. Happy days :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m nearly always put off by postage on those two things too. Itā€™s a shame really as there are so many beautiful cushions on folksy.

1 Like

I think that the postage has killed a lot of trades. I used to do a lot of needlefelted teddies. They weighed next to nothing and I could pop them in the post box for a first class stampā€¦NOW, because they are not flat, they cost Ā£3.30 to post. That makes the price out of the reach for most people and so I no longer make themā€¦The post office has a lot to answer forā€¦
Another good reason to stick to aceos and flat paintings.
It even adds a lot to the cost of box canvases and as well as extra P&P it involves a trip to the post office, which for me is a drive with petrol and parking to consider.
It is such a shame.