Art Chat February 2015

decided to delete this post for obvious reasons.

Brenda, Iā€™d report it, as itā€™s anonymous and shops like that bring down the reputation of Folksy as a whole. Iā€™ll take your advice and not look as thereā€™s no point deliberately going somewhere thatā€™s going to shock me!

Incidentally, I have no clue what lol means apart from laughing out loud, but Iā€™m reluctant to use it now Iā€™ve read it means something else entirely!

ā€¦I have deleted this postā€¦for obvious reasons

So good to see so many sales in the new month! Jolly well done :blush:

Margaret @Louisa15 hope your course goes really well and the travelling works out OK. Know how you feel. I was nervous going into London on Saturday, and that was just on the train.

Just listed a new little quirky ā€˜doll faceā€™.

1 Like

that is really cute Beeā€¦reminds me a bit of Dennis the Menaceā€¦

1 Like

Afternoon, all!
Congratulations on the sales! Wonderful variety of work on here today, with beautiful jewellery and stunning paintings.
The punk doll painting is cute!
Hope the Brusho course went well.
Not managed to paint today, but still very busy!!

I survived the M6! :smile:

The course was great fun, Catherine Aston was brilliant and we spend a very happy couple of hours ā€˜playingā€™ and seeing what Brusho could do. Next week weā€™ll try to be a bit more controlled and will paint tulips. These were my two ā€˜floral abstractsā€™.

3 Likes

A new print :wink:
https://folksy.com/items/6604406-Tits-at-the-window

1 Like

Margaret they are so colourful, and attractive as they are!
I love my brusho paints , easier to use on larger card than my teeny miniatures. Great for painting aceos! x
Thought you would enjoy the lesson! x

1 Like

Oh Margaret youā€™ve got me wanting to get my brusho out! The textures and colours are superb.

Brenda Iā€™m intriguedā€¦whatā€™s all the deleting about? PM me! Your snowy postcard is truly awesome, you just get better and better.

Fab work from everyone else too :smile:

Iā€™ve been on puppy sitting duties today, hard work but so much funā€¦Iā€™ve certainly had enough exercise to justify extra birthday cake tonight! And being Coeliac I canā€™t eat my daughterā€™s actual cake so I have a whole wheat free one to myselfā€¦

1 Like

I hope your daughterā€™s birthday is going well Stephie. This is only my first go at Brusho, Iā€™ve got so much to learn yet. Itā€™s great to get painting again after quite a long break. Iā€™ve just ordered 14 of my favourite colours from Colourcraft but I was surprised that Iā€™ll have to ring them tomorrow with my payment details, itā€™s so much more normal to pay online?!

2 Likes

Margaret that sounds like great funā€¦looking forward to the tulipsā€¦was it as messy as they say?..will you be buying some Brusho?..
waving Jeanie and Stephieā€¦(Iā€™ll pm you on the other place)

Brenda @teabreaks Denis the Menace ā€¦ oh yes, hadnā€™t thought of that :smile:

Thanks @phoenixprojects

Margaret @Louisa15 interesting effects! Looking forward to seeing your Brusho tulips next time!

Max, the daffodil coaster was waiting for me this morning, must have arrived yesterday when I was out. Itā€™s gorgeous, and so are the mixed media poppies, thanks for both :smile:

Thanks for all the comments about the Brusho, obviously Iā€™m only playing with it at the moment, but I find it exciting and it doesnā€™t take too long to make a painting, which suits me.

Cute cat print Matt.

2 Likes

Yes Brenda Iā€™m buying some Brusho, 14 of my favourite colours and no it wasnā€™t messy. I went in my office clothes and it wasnā€™t a problem.

1 Like

https://folksy.com/items/6604757-Hand-Painted-Butterfly-n-poppy-Miniature-Pendant-Necklace-Original-Painting-30mm

Another new watercolour pendant, featuring every ones favourite flower, poppies of course!

You must be super tidy Margaretā€¦some people say that Brusho is messyā€¦I am not keen on messy which is why I havenā€™t bought anyā€¦yetā€¦I will watch with interest. I love the vivid colours.
Cold here in South Wales, but not snow, just thick frost everywhereā€¦
Still waiting to get my car backā€¦looks like another 1 mile downhill trek to the post office as I have a painting to get weighed and postedā€¦
.Another lovely pendant Jeanie.
waving to everyoneā€¦hope to get painting todayā€¦if I have timeā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Brenda for the comment

No ā€™ Brusho ā€™ is not messy, you can use the powder just like watercolours. I pop some powder onto my palette and dip in. Just like any paint,it does mix so well too. I bought 14 colours. I also use them with acrylics!
The colours are so strong you only need a little bit.
Jeanie x

1 Like

Iā€™m in the messy camp with brusho, wouldnā€™t dare use it in my best clothes! It is possible to be tidy with it, I just havenā€™t achieved that yet lol

2 Likes

I find Brusho messy esp when getting the lid off, it stains like silk dyes do, but maybe cos I bought it before they had the idea of making it so u could make a little hole in the lid to shake it out thro. Itā€™s great fun but not as light fast as they make out.
Glad u enjoyed it Margaret.

1 Like