Art Chat: January 2015

well done on the sale annabel great way to start the new year isn’t it :slight_smile:

Experimenting with soft wintry colours
https://folksy.com/items/6585700-Footprints

Matt, you obviously have a thing about cats!lol Soft wintry colours are ideal for this time of year :smile:

1 Like

It’s good to hear about renewed enthusiasm and lovely to see so many contributors to the thread! Big waves to everyone, hopefully I’ll have more time to comment individually after tomorrow - I have my Turner article deadline and an exhibition to take down tomorrow so will be rather busy, but after that it should be easier.

Meanwhile, here’s my latest blog all about my best Christmas present

2 Likes

Good morning, ah well back to work today, but at least there’s no chocolate in work lol!. I have finally sorted three paintings to go in the exhibition this evening, not photographed yet so I’ll post something this evening after they are hung in the gallery ;). Catch you all later

1 Like

Morning…lovely work everyone.
I have just listed this one.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful Brenda :smile:

Back to work for me too, this is where most of the eating temptations are, so I need to be good. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Crikey I’m so tired. After taking down the exhibition this morning I then decided I wasn’t happy with either of my mini versions of Turner’s Fighting Temeraire so decided to have another go. It turned out much better than the previous two so it’s all submitted now, I hope the magazine are happy with it. I tell you what, I’ll be doing the next one in plenty of time! (well that’s what I’m saying now lol, there’s nothing like a deadline to make one get a wriggle on)

Brenda that’s really lovely.

Max and Margaret I hope you’ve both been good :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m wearing my halo as we speak! :wink:

Glad you were able to finish your mini Turner to your satisfaction in time.

1 Like

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10421171_323872797823853_6819026751535738269_n.jpg?oh=5436aa2abe735dbb507e9de1066ec4dd&oe=556EC9FC

2 Likes

Wow that’s good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Margaret, I’m glad you think so…I’m too close to it to judge properly.

Good morning waving hi to everyone. Love the Turner Stephie one of my particular favourite artists. Well I didn’t take my paintings up to the exhibition after, got a terrible headache/migraine and just couldn’t motivate myself to go out again once I got home from work. Still headachy today and I’ve lots of meetings today :(.

Thinking about it though I wasn’t entirely happy with the paintings I chose so I think it was probably fate stepping in lol! I have another in April so it’s not the end of the world and I’ll have enough time to paint some new works.

Well done Margaret, I’ve been good too, though two dairy milk did fall out of the box after tea last night lol!

Well done on being good Max. I spoilt things a bit by having a piece of cake last night, but still, I’m doing better than I would be doing if I wasn’t making an effort! :smile:
Here’s the latest WIP of my parrots :smile:

2 Likes

That’s lovely Margaret! So colourful. I sometimes wish I had the patience for stitching, all the stitchers that I know get an immense pleasure from the hobby.

Max it goes that way sometimes doesn’t it? Hope you’re feeling better soon, it’s a rotten time of year for colds and other bugs, I wonder whether the fluctuating temperature has made things worse.

My plus account has just expired. I will renew - I don’t have the heart for Etsy and I need somewhere to keep my stock online - but I think I’ll maybe wait a week or two.

evening all. Your stitchwork is coming along lovely Margaret, very colourful :slight_smile:

Hello all :smiley: Haven;t posted on here for a while, but it seems a little more varied now, so will give it a go again :smile:

I’m busy having a clear out in my second shop on here, Dandelion’s Miniature Gallery - I need to clear some space for all my new work LOL!

https://folksy.com/shops/DandelionsMiniatureGallery/collections/178141

1 Like

Hi Sara, nice to see you back on the art chat thread :slight_smile: you’ve got some lovely items in your sale, super great bargains too!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

The lovely @StephanieGuy gave me a heads up on this thread! Thank you, nice to see another bird lover.

I’m Hayley, I’m currently on a Painting a day challenge, started for 2015.

Here is todays painting - Kingfisher - Watercolour & Gauche

Painted in Tinderbox cafe, in Manchester Paperchase.

5 Likes

What a lovely kingfisher Hayley! How do you get on with gouache? I need to get some for an upcoming commission, do you have a favourite brand?

1 Like