Art Chat - June

here is my listing for today

2 Likes

Stunning apple blossom Stephā€¦

That apple blossom is awesome Stephie, it really is beautiful, what size is it? I canā€™t see the forum from work anymore, I can access Folksy itself, but when I try to load the forum I just get a blank page with Folksy at the top. No point asking admin for help as theyā€™ll only advise a different browser and I canā€™t do that at work. Iā€™m sometimes frantically busy at work and sometimes frantically bored! Itā€™s feast or famine since the new way of working came in. Mondays and Fridays are manic and we get a midweek lull. Iā€™m on leave tomorrow so Iā€™ll hopefully pop in more often :smile:

The heron is fab Max, I do admire the way youā€™re using your work in so many different ways.

Glad you enjoyed your break Hazel, Yorkshire is such a lovely place to visit.

Just goes to show Brenda, you canā€™t please everyone!

1 Like

Thanks for all the apple blossom love :blush: Itā€™s quite big, I think itā€™s probably A3 sized, although I havenā€™t measured it.

Good morning everyone, waving hi :wave:. I used to use PictureLizard for my mounts they offered reasonable bulk buy prices (cheaper than the Range) and quality was excellent, hubs bought me a decent mount cutter for Christmas so now I make my own, except ovals lol!. I have thought of offering mounts for sale, just not got around to making any for stock yet, must have a go at that.

That blossom is truly lovely Stephie and your witch is fun Brenda

@StephanieGuy lovely apple blossom :wink:

I noticed your witch zoom off to a new home @teabreaks well done! :smile:

Not a recent print but somehow the colours make me think about this time of year.
https://folksy.com/items/6669300-Kingfisher-by-Matt-Underwood

1 Like

Good morning from me and my budgies :bird: :hatched_chick: (saw those icons and had to use them, my budgies are blue and yellow :smile: )

I have a mount cutter Max but at the prices on Brendaā€™s link itā€™s just not worth the hassle of getting everything out.

Love that Kingfisher Matt. Just been reading your bio - your printing method sounds intriguing, do expand!

Brenda your witches are always fabulous and they sell well too, congrats :smile:

Iā€™ve been taking photos this morning so as and when I get time to edit them and check the colours are accurate I can list them.

Hereā€™s the first, really tiny at just one inch square

2 Likes

Afternoon allā€¦this lady life (while Kelly is away) is goodā€¦:wink:
Well done on your sale too Mattā€¦
Stephie, that butterfly is awsomeā€¦
Max, if you sell mounts then you will have to remind usā€¦the bay ones are good but sometimes people might just want and odd one or two.
Iā€™ll be back in a while with todayā€™s listing

1 Like

Here is todayā€™s listing.

Lovely colours in that one Brenda, very autumnal

Fab butterfly Stephie, bright and cheerful

Great kingfisher Matt

Itā€™s a gorgeous sunny day here today, so glad I have the day off! :smile:

1 Like

Kit and I are back home on a short lunch break before heading back to the local uni library - it has a quiet study room and a silent study room so is great for concentration. I did a pet portrait while Kit revised economics (itā€™s been a good week for pet portraits, this is my fifth).

Lovely golds and greens Brenda.

Iā€™m off to edit some photos, back shortly.

Hi Everyone,

Loving the Blossom @StephanieGuy, thanks for your comments about my wee mouse :smile:
Nice wee witchy @teabreaks
Lots of beautiful art birdies all fluttering about.

Iā€™m back from camping, was a wee wet & wild the last night, rescuing other peeps at 5am from collapsed tents thankfully ours was fine. Washing mountain conquered & everything finally dried out so back to work for a couple of days at least, off to see family again at the w/end. I best get back to work ā€¦leaving you with another up coming mug design, you can see his progression on my facebook page
J x

3 Likes

Waving all :slight_smile:

Lovely art in here as always ā€¦ he is soooo cute Jackie

It was great thank you Margaret ā€¦hope you are having a good day off :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been busy painting and creating some new dollshouse art ā€¦ sold one I showed on FB in moments and had an over for 3 poppies from the other side today too, so Junes off to a good start, lets hope it continues lol

1 Like

Managed another painting this afternoonā€¦I did it 8x6 with the intention of putting it in a mount with a 7x5 aperture but having painted right up to the edge of the paper, I am now not sure if it will cover too much of the art workā€¦
I would love to know what you others doā€¦paint to the edge or paint to a pencil drawn border? The last ones I did, I drew a boarder around so that the actual painting was 7x5 and perfectly fitted the apertureā€¦sighā€¦dilemmaā€¦

If I have a mount that I want to use I draw a faint line around the aperture and then paint just beyond the lines. That avoids problems with unintentional gaps. Sometimes I donā€™t paint to the lines, I quite like the unfinished look with watercolours, and erase the lines at the end.

Iā€™ve just asked that guy for a quote for 12 x 10 to fit 6 x 4 - I think they look good with a huge mount, it somehow makes the art look more important.

1 Like

Must join in with the sales joy!..I sold one dolls house painting yesterday and one to-day ! not from folksy though! from face book!

I am sure the mount company can helpā€¦I have a friend who wanted custom mounts and they did them for herā€¦I found them very obliging and unbeatable value. The quality of the frames I got are far better than the ones from the Rangeā€¦
Let us know if they help you.

Thanks Stephieā€¦I never thought of drawing around the apertureā€¦duhā€¦lolā€¦

Love the apple blossom Stephie.
I rarely paint to the edge of the paper, I do faint pencil marks so that the painting is slightly bigger than the aperture, makes it much easier.
I tape to the mount but not all the way round so it can be removed if I want to swap things round or a buyer might want to change the mount.

Morning everyone waving hi :wave:, lovely artworks and well done on sales.

I cut the paper just a little bigger than the aperture about quarter of an inch all round, except ACEO of course! :).

Enjoy your day everyone