Art Chat thread March 2019

Well done Helen, I love a Teddy Bear, my mum used to make them. Great drawing by the way.

2 Likes

Thank you @DaisyWings. It was slightly embarrassing to realise how many we had when I got them all together, considering there are no children in the house and we are not exactly youngsters (Hmm, may have to revise that last statement…)

2 Likes

Great to see the watercolourists on this thread dominating the front page today, thanks to #original watercolour on theme of the day.

1 Like

Oo, so we are :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the new Daily front page scheme…I think I have 45 on there today…lol…
I was rarely if ever chosen for the front page and now it gives me, and everyone else an opportunity to get seen…xx
Great work everyone…

2 Likes

Well despite having several Hare paintings in my listings, not one is featured in the front page Hare feature. I think I’ve been blacklisted by Folksy for some reason, I’m glad I no longer rely on them for sales :thinking:

1 Like

@GKWatercolourArt Did you use the right Tags? You just need ‘hare’ on its own, I think. I checked both your Hare listings, and they had ‘hare painting’ etc, but not ‘hare’.

2 Likes

I’m slightly puzzled by the tagging criteria. Yesterday’s “original watercolour” front page picked up all my tagged items, (as far as I could tell) but also picked up some of my greetings cards which were described as produced from an original watercolour, but were not tagged as such. If that’s the case, I would have thought Graham’s @GKWatercolourArt hares may get picked up. But I suppose the only way to guarantee it is to use the correct tag as deemed by Folksy.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’ve added just ‘hare’ to the tags, see if that helps.

1 Like

Yes, it’s picking up both of them now!

2 Likes

A Horse, watercolour. Thanks Helen, it seems I include ‘Hare’ in every configuration except by itself, lesson learned.
I’m now going to settle down with a cold beer and hope my beloved Wolves can overcome Man Utd, #nervous

4 Likes

#nervous?! I’ve just been watching the Calcutta Cup!

2 Likes

I found out the hard way that you need the tags to be exactly right to get on the theme page…took me ages to go through over 50 aceos and paintings and put original watercolour because they all had original art on them …aaargh…

Chris @ChrisStoneArtist on one of the threads it mentioned that it also picked up the words from titles , so that is why your ones were picked up.

I hope everyone has been busy painting…it is very quiet on here…
today I have an impressionist floral painting
https://folksy.com/items/7254393-Original-art-impressionist-floral-painting-ref-F-707-

1 Like

Hi Brenda - another lovely painting from you!
I delivered my Bears on the Stairs drawing to the Exhibition last week - and it’s already sold! So will be hanging there with its Red Dot for the duration. I did a Happy Dance as you can guess…

1 Like

Well done Helen and well deserved it was a delightful drawing x

1 Like

Love your painting today Brenda @teabreaks.
I’m not surprised your drawing sold @HelenCliffordArt. It’s fabulous.
I’ve been working through my holiday pics from Ireland last year. Just finished this painting of Banna Strand beach in County Kerry.

2 Likes

Great Painting Christ @ChrisStoneArtist love the person with the surf board…
Today I have a landscape painting
https://folksy.com/items/7254396-Original-art-painting-landscape-ref-F708-

1 Like

painting day today…

2 Likes