Folksy Ltd

Weekly Art Chart Thread - w/c 24th August 2015

(Maxine Veronica) #1

The place to show and chat about all things art related, everyone is welcome, just jump right in :slight_smile:

(Maxine Veronica) #2

God morning, waving hi to everyone :wave:, loved your piece last evening Lowri. Looking forward to a short week ths week I have Friday off and Monday too, yeah for a long weekend! and lots of painting planned, I have almost run out of ACEO’s!

2 Likes
(Margaret Jackson) #3

I forgot and replied to last week’s thread! I’ve always been a bit behind the times!lol

Have a great week everyone! :smile:

1 Like
(Stephanie Guy) #4

Argh I forgot too, the only downside of no longer being a monthly thread.

Waving everyone, here’s my latest blogpost on my sketch diary

(Margaret Jackson) #5

I’m glad I’m not the only one! Your sketch diary is looking fab! I’m full of admiration that you’ve kept it up so long.

1 Like
(Brenda Cumming) #6

Afternoon all…had a busy few days too and still busy…
I found this youtube demo about zentangles that I am sharing for Hazel and anyone else interested…

(Brenda Cumming) #7

I didn’t expect it to upload the video…if it isn’t allowed them perhaps admin can remove it for me but I don’t think it is against the rules as it is not selling anything and might get some people trying a different art form.

(Margaret Jackson) #8

I don’t see a problem Brenda, and it might get more people trying this fascinating artform! :slight_smile:

(Brenda Cumming) #9

I hope so Margaret…I won’t be offended if it is removed , but hopefully it won’t be…I just expected it to leave the link and not a clickable video !!
Zentangling is reported to be very therapeutic and calming…and anything goes, so anyone can do it.
Here is my listing for today

1 Like
(Stephanie Guy) #10

I enjoyed watching that Brenda, thanks for posting it. You’ve reminded me that I have a doodle lighthouse somewhere waiting to list. Love the colours in that scene Brenda, the shops are full of Autumn colours now so you’re bang on trend :slight_smile:

(Maxine Veronica) #11

evening all, lol I only just remembered it was Monday too! lovely colours in that Brenda, definitely a chill in the air now :slight_smile:

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #12

Hello!
Lovely colours int hat one @teabreaks.

I’m working on something a bit different today- based on my girlies ofcorse.

2 Likes
(Stephanie Guy) #13

Interesting! What is your base?

(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #14

Stuffed Fabric- I’m experimenting with making Twinkle & Gloom ‘Worry dolls’.
I’ve drawn on this one- there are changes I’ll be making to follow up dolls but she’s so cute in person.

2 Likes
(Stephanie Guy) #15

I love her! Leaving her armless was inspirational

1 Like
(Lowri of Twinkle and Gloom Art) #16

Thanks! I was going to paint arms on her- but I find her more aesthetically pleasing without arms. Sometimes I miss out limbs on my girls, sometimes they are footless, or handless, I’ve made a few armless, I like to celebrate the unconventional!

(Brenda Cumming) #17

ha ha Stephie…I was going to comment in my usual flippant way that she was (H)armless …lol

3 Likes
(Margaret Jackson) #18

I think your doll looks cute without arms too Lowri, your girls are always unusual and that adds to the appeal of the unconventional.

1 Like
(Maxine Veronica) #19

Good morning waving hi to everyone :wave. She is rather lovely Lowri, I think your style could also lend itself to ‘russian’ dolls, they would look great :smile:

have a great day everyone

(Brenda Cumming) #20

Morning all…my listing for today is a sunset aceo

2 Likes