Folksy Ltd

Average Sales Times?

(IridescentSnail) #1

I’m still pretty new here and I have some stock up for sale already. How long did it take for other people (from listing an item) before they got an order?

(Sasha Garrett) #2

My first few orders were from friends supporting my new venture, I had to wait 6 weeks until my first sale to a non friend.
Good luck with your shop
Sasha

(Eileens Craft Studio) #3

For me it must have been at least 2months before my first sale.

(Kim Blythe) #4

I think it was about 2 days for my first sale, but it was another 5 weeks before the next one…
I started in July 2014, so a quiet time of year I think.
x

(Diane Burton) #5

About a month I think, at the time I didn’t have Facebook or Instagram to use to promote so relied word of mouth (still the best form of promotion on a local level) and the Folksy forums to get known.

(Dawn Sneesby) #6

About 4 weeks before my first sale.

(PaulsJewels) #7

Its sort of a hard one to answer for an “average” time. Was couple of months for me.It really would vary on competition around same products, things like using all available tags? Self directed traffic from your own social media. Sort of lots of variables.
Personally I would not expect to be established as a seller with good reviews and increasing sales upwards to maybe 24 months due to learning better ways to take photos, list items and get return buyers spreading the word which all can take time.
Hopefully you get sales really quickly, but please don’t get down if it takes a while.

(Sarah Lambert) #8

I had 4 not long after I started, that was back in the day when new makers were on the front page. (I know they are again now but there was a long gap in between)

(Jo Sara) #9

Same as Sarah @plainprimitives, I had my first sale within 2 weeks, but that was over 4 years ago, Folksy looked and worked a lot different then, there was a busier forum, and the handmade trend was gaining momentum very fast.

(Louise Foot) #10

I took a 5 months here. I opened mid Jan 2014.

(Helen Healey) #11

7 months but I didn’t used to promote much.