New shop how long for sales

Hi
I know that is difficult to say and all shops will get sales at a different pace. But in general anyone out there who has just stated out in folksy and getting sales now.

2 Likes

welcome to Folksy
Be patient, it takes time to get noticed…I waited 3 months for my first sale and now well over 1000 sales…mind you, it has taken 11 years…
Join with the forum chats and get to know everyone…the sales will follow x

3 Likes

Hi Brenda

Thanks for the reply and I am in it for the long haul so thanks for the advice. Your artwork is gorgeous and your shop is doing well. Cheers for the advice.
Mary

1 Like

Very little sales , if any , we’ve been open for about 4 years. Still being positive about it.

3 Likes

Oh wow.
Well done and sticking with it.
We’ve had few sales , been open for about 4 years.
Not sure how to get more notice .

1 Like

Hi ‘GiftsGalore’ - I joined in February and had one sale quite quickly but nothing since then - it takes time to develop your sales, and sales seem to be related to how much time you put into promoting yourself and others on social media. I have found Folksy brilliant for good advice and community support so I’m sticking with Folksy as I learn more and more. Sales are up on other platforms (probably due to what I learn on Folksy) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for more sales on Folksy. People do become established sellers here but it does take time. Good luck with your shop.

1 Like

Hi There
Thanks for advice. I’m not so good with the social media only do pinterest a bit but will have to try harder.
Your cards are lovely, good luck to you as well for more sales.
Mary

1 Like

I was lucky and had my 1st sale on day 7 of being open. Back in the day I done well here on folksy but over the years it’s turned to tumbleweed.

2 Likes

Hi
Maybe just that knitting goes in and out of fashion. thanks for commments.
mary

1 Like

I sell OK elsewhere so I don’t think so. Folksy just isn’t so well known (even though it’s been going for years!) and it lacks so many functions that would make it a lot better. Even the search hasn’t worked for months! People give up looking when they can’t find what they’re looking for.

1 Like

Yes very true. It needs a major upgrade and lots of advertising if it is going to attract more sellers and customers.

3 Likes

I’ve just opened this week, not expecting a rush of sales straight away but the number of views is encouraging. I’m expecting it to take a while for people to get to know the shop and the style. Good luck :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good luck on your new adventure, lovely shop!
Try to take advantage of the 15 tags offered, as it will help your listings getting more views :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for the encouragement @theslothscavern
I did wonder if some items were a bit short on tags, I’ll think a bit harder for further listings :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like