Awaiting Payment on Postage

Awaiting Payment on Postage…

I’m completely at a loss here as to why this happens - out of the 2 sales I’ve had on Folksy both have paid for the product and have also believed they paid the postage cost.

It’s only due to the awaiting payment notification that I’ve checked paypal, where I see there is no postage option selected or paid for. Can someone tell me why this happens and how to tell my customers how to rectify this to pay the postage?

As far as my customers are concerned they believe they’ve completed it all correctly…

Are you sure you set the postage in the listing on those two listing?

Have you rung paypal to check with them?

You saying it’s awaiting payment is that in your paypal account or the email you get from Folksy?

It might be something in your paypal account

There is box in paypal that has to be ticked, so that Folksy postage overrides any postage settings you have in your paypal account. If you don’t have your own postage costs set up in paypal, it shouldn’t affect it, but it might be worth ticking the box anyway and see if that stops it.

1 Like

Is it this one “Click here to allow transaction-based postage values
to override the profile postage settings listed above (if profile
settings are enabled).” - i’ve ticked this now - so I’ll wait and see on my next purchase. :slight_smile:

I have my own website too so I’ve been fiddling around with my paypal setting recently - maybe that is why?

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

I checked that the postage is set up fine - it’s showing up on the order details fine too.

Paypal confirm payment of the item but no postage paid.

The awaiting payment is on Folksy side.

…and I’ve just tried Christine’s suggestion below so fingers crossed that works now! :slight_smile: Thank you for the assistance. I’ve contacted my customer too so hopefully they’ll double check their side today and it will all be sorted pronto! :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s the one Rachel @WoodlandBlossoms. If you have your own postage settings on paypal (for your own website) it messes with the postage on other sites, so ticking the box should avoid that. If it still happens, give paypal a call, they’re usually quite helpful.

You can also mark your order as paid manually on Folksy, once you have the money in your account. I’m guessing that it didn’t do it automatically as the amount was different.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve just been reading up on it… ah well now I know :smiley: Thank you for the help Christine! x