Its happened to me!

Woop ! Just had my 1st sale ! I was so happy until I read the email and realised they hadn’t yet paid. I had Read on the forums that this happened now and again but I really didn’t expect it with my 1st sale :frowning:

I have emailed them to try and find out whether they will be paying or not. Now its just a waiting game

2 Likes

Fingers crossed it really will be your first sale.

As it’s your first sale, it might be worth double-checking that your settings are correct on Folksy and Paypal. It’s easy to get the email address wrong, or have something not quite right which would stop payment getting through. Have you checked whether payment has reached your Paypal account?

I have checked paypal 3 times now and its not there.

Oops , thanks for mentioning as its my 1st sale I might not have set things up correctly. I’ve checked my email address in my shop settings and that looks ok. Is there anything else I need to check?

I think on Folksy it’s just the paypal email address that’s important for payments - it obviously has to match your paypal account!

On paypal there is a box that has to be ticked to allow customers to choose the credit/debit card option if they want to pay by card instead of their paypal account. It’s in the seller options somewhere.

If you have postage costs set up in paypal ( e.g. for direct sales from your own website) then you need to override those for Folksy sales. That’s in the postage settings.

I don’t think there are any others. If everything looks ok, then a polite email to the buyer usually works for me, just asking whether they’re having problems at checkout, and that I’ll cancel the order after 24 hours if I don’t hear back. You can cancel the order at any time and the items will be returned to your shop if they don’t get back to you.

Congrats on you’re first sale!!

Fingers x it goes through ok and its the first of many! :blush: