Buyer didn’t Receive shipped email

Hi all,
Apologies for not using the forum in months but I have been struggling to keep up with everything since life threw us a curve ball last July. Anyway, no idea where to post this question or who to ask but here goes: I sold 2 linocut prints last week and as far as I remember shipped them on Friday afternoon and marked shipped on the order. They should have arrived yesterday. However last night I got an email from the buyer wondering what was happening as she hadn’t received any email regarding the order. Apologies if I have got it all wrong since ir’s been a while since I sold anything here and my head’s all over the place right now, but am I supposed to send shipment notification myself? I thought Folksy did it for us. I know Etsy do. Apologies for mentioning the bad E word!! :sweat_smile: any help greatly appreciated!
Judith x

The system automatically sends a dispatch email when you mark it as shipped however there is nothing to stop those emails ending up in ‘spam’ or ‘promotion’ folders within their email account (it is coming from an automated email account which a lot of spam does). Drop them an email explaining when you shipped them (they should be a time and date on the proof of posting/ receipt from the post office), apologise for the apparent lack of dispatch email (say that the system should have sent it automatically and it might have ended up in spam) and when they should receive their items.
(and congratulations on the sales)
Sasha

2 Likes

This has happened before going into customers spam folders so they don’t see them.

1 Like

Thank you Sasha, I have done pretty much everything you say here, except think about the spam! Lightbulb moment!! Thanks!!! x