Card and envelope recommendations

Hi all,

I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to buy cards and envelopes for greetings card making, that they wouldn’t mind sharing? I know it takes time to find and research these things so just shop ideas would be helpful if no one wants to share exactly what they use.

I tried some at the end of last year from Hobbycraft but they were too thin (220 and 230g), and for some reason I’m really struggling to find others. Years ago I used to buy from a local art shop and they were great but they’ve since closed down.
I’m looking for A6 size, in all colours (except white).

Thank you,
Caroline

1 Like

Hi Caroline :wave:

I don’t make cards but I bought some cards and envelopes from this company to enclose a little note with my items.

Hope this gives you a starting point for research.

Good luck!

Katrina :blush:

1 Like

the best top quality ones are Papermania…I get mine from AMa or the bay…best there is…Both these sites offer other brands but this brand is the best

2 Likes

the other company I use is Craft UK again in the above places

2 Likes

Thank you for the link! I will take a look :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks very much, I did see Papermania ones but wasn’t sure on quality. I’ll look into your suggestions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For white and cream I usually go for Craft UK (buying them from A****n), but otherwise PDA card and craft are pretty good. You can choose the sizes you want and they have lots of different colours and finishes and discounts for buying in larger quantities. They also have a section for freebies you can add to your basket if you spend over a certain amount. :grinning:

3 Likes

Funny you should ask as I almost did yesterday but then found these on AM** and just the small size I wanted and reviews say there are sturdy unlike others I found. Not your size but the make recommended by someone else too.

Just had a note from AM* to say they will arrive tomorrow :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Papermania is the best I have found…not sure if they do colours though…xx

2 Likes

Thank you Alison! Sounds like there’s a lot of choice at PDA card and craft, so I’ll have a look at these too. Freebies are always good too :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks Joy! Will definitely look at this brand :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I use Craft UK or Peak Dale for most of my cards but do watch out for the paper weight I find that 100 gm can feel a bit flimsy so prefer to buy closer to120 gm as it feels like a better quality envelope.

2 Likes

Thank you! Craft UK seems a popular one, and I’ll have a look at Peak Dale too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used Craft UK but have also used Peak Dale - both are a good sturdy card.

3 Likes

I use EcoCraft for (white) A6 cards, but they do also have a range of colours. You can order up to 5 samples for just the cost of postage to see if they suit you.

4 Likes

thanks Kim…another one for me to investigate for my cards and paintings…I need to go and google them now x

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your suggestions - so many to look into! I’m really grateful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look at Katy Sue Designs and Papermill Direct. Both offer bulk buy deals from packs of 50 to 500 and Katy Sue does a discount for cards and envelopes. Papermill Direct have a much wider selection of card weights as well as a huge range of colours. Sign up for their newsletters as both offer 10% discount on your first order plus ongoing offers through the year.

1 Like

Thanks very much, I’ll take a look at these :slight_smile:

Got my cards and they are super. :slight_smile:

1 Like