Chocolates ...ggrrrrrrrrr

I just need to vent! …it’s my 34th wedding Anniversary today and hubby has bought me a lovely card as he always does …he’s very good and never forgets BUT he has bought me a box of chocolates knowing damn well that I am trying to slim down for my daughters wedding in August.
He’s the first to say to me “you wont fit in that dress” if he even catches sight of me looking at cakes or chocolates …so I’m now thinking he secretly doesn’t want me to lose weight! lol

I am a tad confused and I also know that I won’t be able to help my self and I will indulge …I love Thorntons!

I know I am being really ungrateful but seriously …CHOCOLATES!!!
Vent over!! lol :scream:

4 Likes

Oh, no! I know the feeling as I LOVE cakes and I am trying to lose a bit of weight so I decided to replace the traditional cakes with raw-vegan, no-baking, less-calories versions (I can’t give them up completely!). I started to do a recipe every weekend and they are very delicious and satisfying, but the other day my husband came home with a big, delicious rhubarb traditional cake (the one with flour and sugar!) knowing well that I am trying to avoid those kinds of cakes! Of course I had more than one slice! :sob:

1 Like

Happy anniversary to you both :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the other halves just forget, I don’t think they realise that when you are trying to cut something out like sugar to lose weight ALL of your thoughts continuously revolve around . . Sugar, cakes, chocolate! I dream about cakes, I wake up thinking about cakes, I have even stood for 10mins in the supermarket aisle staring at all the wonderful treats, picking them up, telling myself I don’t need them, putting them back down, (Iv had some very strange looks! ):joy: thankfully the other half isnt inside my head, but sadly that does mean when he brings me chocolate with a smile I have to repeat to him 'I’m not eating sugar" which gets met with “oh yes I forgot” . . . Sigh :persevere:

Happy anniversary.

1 Like

It’s so funny isn’t it …I am grateful for the chocolates really …but he’s not helping me! lol
Good luck with your weight loss, I guess I will have to be vigilant about only having one!! ha ha in my deams! x

1 Like

Thank you! x

The thing is …he is always being careful what he eats but like you say it’s not constantly in his head like it is in ours, he just grinned at me when I said “chocolates!!” and tbh I think he enjoys celebrating and doesn’t see that chocs will set me back a week or so …oh well at least he buys me something I suppose! :laughing:

Louise, you are not the only one to wistfully stare at the cakes/buns/Easter eggs, I am coming out and sharing this with you all.
BUT and in my life there is always a silver lining, oh how virtuous I feel when I put them back, telling myself I have just averted a major disaster. It’s like a self therapy boost, makes me feel SO much stronger!
Suzzie x

Ha ha suzie I’m glad others are the same. It is so hard though, I felt soooo guilty at Christmas when family members came to stay and brought 2 boxes of chocolates and a huge box of biscuits and left them with us (full) when they went. I spent a painful few days trying (very unsuccessfully) not to eat them all! In then end I had to throw them out! I know. . It’s terrible I did throw perfectly good chocolates away :disappointed::disappointed: but it was the only way I could stop eating them. Like @teodorapaintings I have started making sugar free puddings, I have tried loads but finally found a few that taste nice so that I can still have cake and lose weight.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary!

Wrap them up and regift them to someone as a random act of kindness to say “Thanks” - give them to anyone! The Lollipop lady, the little old lady down the road! You will feel virtuous and they will feel appreciated!

Win win!

PS I have done this a few times having lost 6 stone and am sometimes convinced that me friends and inlaws want me to put it all back on again! Thankfully hubby knows better…xx

4 Likes

Happy Anniversary, I’m with @dottiedesigns wrap them up and gift them. By the way I love Thornton’s too! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Men just don’t “get” chocolates, do they? I know my husband is capable of eating just one, then putting the box away for another day. Whereas I will scoff the lot in one go!
I am on a permanent diet just to stay the same weight. I don’t live on salad and crispbread but I do avoid having chocolate in the house and I don’t buy cake. My OH keeps the biscuits in a tin on top of the cupboard. I can get them, but I have to put up the stepladder, take just one out of the tin, replace the lid, climb down and put the stepladder away! It acts as a psychological barrier to pigging out :slight_smile:
Perhaps you could get your OH to hide them from you and give them to you one a day!
Happy Anniversary!

2 Likes

Do what I do and share them! I never end up eating more than half the box because I offer them to everyone else. It’s a great way to limit yourself.

Sam x

2 Likes

Happy Anniversary. :blush:

I’m not too bad with chocolates. I nibble the odd one or two and then pop the lid back on quite satisfied.
Cakes however really are my downfall.
I was a little bit naughty on Friday and bought a four pack of Black Forest tartlets which had almost every nutrition guideline in the red.
I just couldn’t resist, even knowing my daughter and husband both dislike cherries and wouldn’t be able to help me out with them.
Oh well… one down, three to go :wink:

Karen x

1 Like

Thank you!

I can control myself like you (sometimes) …so hopefully once I start I can stop! lol
I love cakes too! I think I am going to be feeling very guilty come Monday morning! x

Yes, plenty of grandchildren and family to share them with, I’m sure I won’t actually get to see that many of them! x

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan!

Sam x

1 Like

I’m trying to cut down on chocolate. Not had it for 2 weeks but it’s not easy!

Haha, I know what you mean :slight_smile: . Happy Anniversary! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like