Christmas Market 2023 & Last-minute shopping event in December

Are you taking part in our Christmas Shopping events in November and December?

We’re hosting an online Christmas market on Folksy on 25 & 26 November (with a preview on Friday 24th) and then a ‘Not Too Late for Handmade’ shopping event from 14-17 December (to try to give sales an extra boost at the time they usually slow down on Folksy as sellers close their shops and customers start to worry about deliveries arriving on time).

All the details are here - Join our Christmas 2023 events | Folksy Blog

Let us know if you have any questions or if there’s anything else you need graphics-wise.

22 Likes

Has anyone taking part decided when they’re going to add the tags / photos to their listings? I was thinking of doing the November one this weekend but wondering if that’s too soon :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you for this, I have started to change some main photos using the Canva templates and added the tags to some of my listings as well.

Here are some examples:

7 Likes

Exciting, will start to update my photo’s this weekend, hopefully :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Folksy for putting these events on. I’ll definitely be taking part following the uplift I experienced during the Shop Early event. Time to get tagging!

2 Likes

I’ve already done my tags - if I leave it til later I’ll forget lol!

2 Likes

These look good events, and I was pleased when reading through that only 3 tagged items per shop would show. However, I’ve just searched the tag, and lots of items are showing for many shops already - way more than the three limit. I just wanted to check that the 3 items I’d tagged were showing ok, but gave up after several pages of multiple items from some shops.

I appreciate the limit might be put into operation on the specific dates chosen, but lots of people will be looking early. Couldnt the limit be put in place straight away?

2 Likes

I wonder if it’s just filling up at the moment and the limit of 3 will kick in automatically when it reaches critical mass, as it were! That feels like computer logic, someone’s probably written a limit rule that will only take effect when the bank of items is big enough to make it kick in :robot:

3 Likes

I think you can tag as many items as you want but only the first three will be included in the event at any one time. If one sells it will use the next one down to replace it. You can also move your items around using shopkeeping so a different three items show at different times. So make sure the items you want to promote most are at the top of your shop.

4 Likes

There will be a specific page for the event which is where only 3 items per shop will show. The limit doesn’t affect a general search.
It’s like with theme of the day, if you search for the theme you’ll get a different set of results to the actual theme of the day page, because the search is looking at all parts of the listing and the page is just looking for a very specific tag.

3 Likes

I offer free UK delivery throughout my shop.
I get that only three listings will be included in the event at any one time.
I could add the set tags and a free UK delivery graphic to several listings… but if a potential customer came to my main shop page, they may think it’s free delivery only on the products with the graphic.
Would it look too much to put a graphic on all my products?! Aesthetically thinking, would Folksy not feature me in any gift guides if my first image had a free delivery graphic on it?
:laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You could put something about free delivery in your shop announcement and hope people will read it if they come to your main shop page? And aesthetically I don’t think it would make any difference to being featured in the gift guides but maybe someone on the Folksy staff will chime in and confirm that. If I remember rightly I had some of the ‘shop early’ items featured in gift guides although they had the circular graphic on them…

1 Like

Good question! We will feature items (and have been) that use the badges in other places like gift guides and Folksy Favourites, so that’s totally fine. But it would help us if you could have the original image (without any badges etc) as one of your images, possibly the last one, in case we want to share it on social media.

3 Likes

Thank you @LooneySpoons It’s already in my shop announcement and I might put it on my shop banner too! Also thank you Camilla @folksycontent for your suggestions! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No, I’m not allowed to take part in this promotion, as I am no longer a Plus member. I’m out selling in person 25th Nov anyway, and expect to sell more in one day than my whole year on Folksy. I hope it’s good for somebody.

1 Like

I have been struggling with the Craftmas templates - I managed eventually to get a short text onto the image but I could not remove the watermark without giving Canva my card details, even for the 30 day free trial. I do not want to give them access to my account if I am not going to use them afterwards.

I think that the Craftmas idea is great.

1 Like

Where are you seeing the watermark Ruth? And what text are you trying to get on the image? Can you share a screenshot?

1 Like

This is what ended up with. I did try to add some tags but I could not see how to save them anywhere.

1 Like

Ahh ok I can see what the problem is. I’ll go and fix that now.
Where are you trying to add the tags, Ruth?

1 Like