Couriers. who do you recommend?

I used to use MyHermes, as were cheapest, but then they lost 19 parcels in 1 week and told me they were fine, when 2 weeks later (on a 2-4 day delivery) I was told they were destroyed, costing me over £7000 as they would not accept insurance claim. also they hardly ever reach they schedules and advertised times. Moved to parcel2go, but they do not pick up when booked, simply turn up whenever the couriers feel best suits them. Even up to 6 days after booked collection date. I then went to Royal Mail, but were very expensive and often go missing, when requesting claim forms, I am told ‘‘Yea, that’s obviously coz they just stole it, coz you didn’t want to pay for a signature’’ When in fact this time parcel was to my boss who can have how ever many she likes for free, she owns a VERY well known British brand and is a multi millionaire, but according to Royal Mail she is also a thief! Clearly I was not impressed with this assumption. I then moved to collect+ which actually ended up being Yodel doing Collect+ work. I booked, paid and parcels to drop off, when eventually finding shop they said NO Chance! at the door before I even queued. Claiming it is too big health and safety wise, even though they had agreed to a contract to collect parcel 5 times bigger and 21 times heavier. This cost me the booking price with no refund, even though no service provided. 3 years down the line I am now using UK Mail via ipostparcrels.com - AMAZING - as long as you do not use their international service. UK service is cheaper than MyHermes and is a couple days quicker delivery, but has to be in a max of 20cm x 20cm x 20cm box. Otherwise they do an amazing deal on anything larger or heavier upto 25K - AND ALL OVER 20CM2 ARE NEXT DAY DELIVERY. The courier personally makes the effort to turn up at end of the day for next day deliveries, so I can schedule my business much better. Often or not though, if you have any problems with companies, it is always Much faster to complain via social networks, as they are not keen on potential customers seeing this. I get my response time from 4 days down to 20 minutes by doing this. Also, simply searching the couriers name on social networks can give you a rough idea of how good they service is through customers messages.

I have had a lot of experience with courier company’s over the years, but not everybody’s experiences are the same as mine. I do live in Cornwall, which simply means EVERYTHING moves extremely slowly. But have had problems in other UK areas too. I may just have bad luck though, it does seem that way.

Long story short, I recommend UK Mail for any postage in UK (letters to huge parcels) FROM EXPERIENCE I JUST TRUST THEM :slight_smile:

Good luck with your shop in near future!

I use My Hermes, usually without hiccup, and usually delivered to schedule.
However, if you are sending and requiring a signature they will only make three delivery attempts before returnin to the depot.
Recently I had a customer who just ignored the first two cards put through her door, assured me she’d ring the number on the card to arrange a delivery day to suit…and didn’T.
The parcel was duly returned to the depot and cost me an extra £4 to have it sent back to me…It would have cost the same to have the courier re attempt delivery to the customer but I didn’T have any faith that she would be in to receive the parcel!
I don’T blame My Hermes for this, more a customer who wasn’t proactive, but the three delivery attempts is something to be aware of.
I have also had a customer willing to call the number on the card to rearrange delivery, only to find there was no number! On querying this I was told that as the couriers are self employed they are not obliged to give out their phone number, and are impossible to contact!

1 Like

I always use my Hermes. No problems with them so far and I like the convenience that our local one is based in a drive-thru dry cleaners and open long hours. So I can drop them off before or after work. None of my buyers have so far reported problems and the parcels always seem to arrive ahead of the scheduled delivery date. (There, I’ve probably jinxed my next delivery now!)

1 Like