Creating a business page on Facebook

I’m new to facebook and trying to set up my page . What category do I come under. Was thinking of clicking on local business or place but then what subcategory do I go under for greeting cards? is it shoppping ,retail?

Did you mean Facebook, Diane? If you did, my business page is set up under Companies and Organisations, then sub cat of Small Business. It’s only the Small Business bit that appears under my page name on the timeline page ( JosaraDesign ). I don’t think it’s crucial how you set it up though. And you can always change it if you aren’t happy using the Settings tab, then Page Info in the lefthand menu.

Jo

yes stupid me I did mean facebook ,I have now changed it.
Small business sounds good ,thanks I will try that category.
folksy people are always quick at helping me if I have a problem
thanks jo

I’ve changed the thread title too so it doesn’t confuse anyone! :smile:

I am so dottery today! thanks Louisa

Hi!

I have a Facebook page and I find it SO valuable! …I put myself under ‘Small Business’…after all ; if you are selling , then you are! So be proud and don’t undersell yourself! Good Luck! Mx

another bit of help needed please
I have my facebook address as facebook.com/dianesdecoupage. When you click on it it isn’t taking me directly to my business page.
If I put in
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianes-Decoupage/587980314653568?ref=hl
it comes up with the right page . Is that ok?

I promise I’m not stalking you Diane, I think you’re just on the forum the same time that I drop in :wink:

If I remember correctly, I think you’ll have those numbers until you get 25 likes on your page, then you can get rid of them. Or they do automatically. I can’t really remember it was quite a while ago that I started my page.

Just checked and it is the 25 likes, and here’s an explanation about it from Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/notes/equine-calculator/how-to-claim-your-vanity-url-for-your-facebook-page/474147772600069

Jo

p.s. I’ve liked your page to get you on your way :smile:

thanks Jo! much appreciated and i dont mind you stalking me as you are a helpful stalker!