Customer Notifications

So Santa came early this year and I’ve just made a sale but since this is a new experience for me I have a couple of questions about what (if any) email notifications the customer sees.

So when a customer places an order does he/she get a confirmation email from Folksy?

When I despatch the order and hit the ‘Mark as Shipped’ button what does the customer see and can I see a preview of the message?

Does Folksy generate a receipt for the customer?

So many questions, so few sales…

1 Like

Hi Richard. Congrats on your sale!

So, when a customer makes a purchase they will get a confirmation email saying ‘thanks for buying on Folksy’ with their order details. They will get a second automated email when you click the shipped box. The only emails you will receive are the sales notification from Folksy & a separate one from PayPal / Stripe (you won’t get copies of the customer emails).

The customer don’t get a copy of the receipt - when you go to the order on your dashboard there is an option for you to print it from there. I print to pdf & email this to the customer to personally thank them for their order & to let them know when I will be shipping the order, or to confirm details for made to order items.

Hope that helps, but shout if you have any more queries :slight_smile:

Very many thanks Dee that’s really helpful

1 Like

Alongside the Folksy email, I think the customer (if they paid via Paypal) also gets an email from Paypal with details of the transaction - I certainly have whenever I have bought on Folksy. You can also go to your Paypal seller account and mark it as shipped there, and Paypal then also notifies the buyer, so two confirmations of shipping too.

Hi Richard. Congratulations on your sale. When I opened my shop the first thing i did was add a listing for something very cheap and low postage and I bought it. That showed me exactly what the customer sees. I do recommend it. And of course you can also cancel the order and refund yourself the payment.