Eco-friendly jewellery packaging

Hello!

I’ve found a great Eco-friendly recycled card jewellery packaging from Eco Craft, based in the UK, but I’ve been thinking about packaging for retail displays - you know selling in galleries and shops etc and wondered if anyone know of an eco-friendly kraft card jewellery packaging with biodegradable clear bags that go over the card and item of jewellery?

Cheers, Amanda

1 Like

Hi Amanda

I’m also keen to source a supply of biodegradable clear bags for my greetings cards. I haven’t found any yet but when I do I will add another reply to this thread.

Heather

they have them on eco-craft https://www.eco-craft.co.uk/packaging/bags/biodegradable-bags.html

3 Likes

Hi Sue,

Thanks for this link. It looks just the job. :slight_smile:

Yes I’ve seen these but I thought they were a little too big for what I was trying to find! I have emailed them to see if they can get them in smaller sizes - but thanks for sharing this link as these might be great for others on here!!

Cheers, Amanda

I had a discussion with someone else on a different forum about biodegradable bags and the disadvantages they pose. Here in Cambridge biodegradable plastics can’t be recycled as a plastic and the green waste recycling won’t take them either as they snare up the equipment and take longer to compost than standard green waste so they end up in landfill which has the wrong sort of conditions for the bio degradation. If you can avoid plastics altogether that would be better.

1 Like

Oh dear! That sort of defeats the object doesn’t it! Darn!

Yes, I was only thinking of using a plastic sleeve when displaying them in retail shops in case of tarnishing etc! I don’t use plastic when sending my items on Folksy just recycled cardboard boxes and sometimes organza bags as they can be re-used!