Ever start a project and regret it?

Here’s another one, the reason why this one isn’t finished is that I don’t like the ribbon its a bit slipery to work with.

Its supposed to look a bit like this

It looks just over half covered to me - would like to say that means you’ve done over half the work (yay!) but I’m guessing thats not the case. Do a row a week (2 pointy bits per day and then 3 days off for good behaviour) and it will be finished by the end of May…

1 Like

They only take about an hour to make from start to finish but I just keep putting it off.

Well a week later and still haven’t got much further with my unfinished items. Had a very busy weekend helping our son move house, then on the Sunday had all 3 grandchildren. I’ve still got 10 days before my first craft fair so I may get them finished for that.

1 Like

After reading this thread I decided it was about time I finished my dress, and here it is

i am just about to start a slip to go under it as it’s quite see through :scream:
Donna x

4 Likes

End of the week so I’m after project updates people. @PaulinesCrafts finished the basket or bauble yet? @thistledownandHOPE do we have another inch on the cardi yet? (or the coathanger) @ShropshireNaturalProducts are you still flashing your underwear or have you started on the slip? I’ll be working on my great never to be finished project this afternoon - its called the allotment and I think I’ll weed the raspberry canes…

1 Like

lol I finished the slip yesterday Sasha, my underwear isn’t something people need to see :blush:

mine got finished and not only hubbie but a couple of friends like the Table Runner and one has asked if I’ll sell it to her :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I’ve had similar thing happen where I’ve finished a piece but not been quite convinced by it, taken it to a craft fair and its been the first thing I’ve sold. Make the sale and move on to the next thing.

No I’m afraid not @SashaGarrett had a busy weekend and week. Just spent ages now and last night, looking for a wreath which I sold on etsy last night. I knew I hadn’t sold it but could I find it no. Got to go out later today so there’s no chance of finishing them any day soon.

more excuses, I am afraid, had to mulch the fruit bushes on the 'lottie, and tidy up the strawbs, but coat hanger is GOING to be finished this weekend, and listed by Monday!!! Suzzie x

I’ve had a piece of grey felt hanging around for ages, I just couldn’t decide what to do with it - finally decided to turn it into a bag. Cost me several sewing machine needles though! Will try and get it listed this weekend if I can get some more photos taken.

3 Likes

Done! Very pleased with this one,

now a few more rows of the cardi, suzzie x

Woohoo, well done Suzzie. (wishing my knitting was that even) can’t wait to see the cardi…

Thank you. Dont hold your breath for a finished cardi, too many other distractions, but I am knitting now, so maybe I will be wearing it by the end of the summer! Suzzie x

I have a few things ‘on the go’ and I will finish them one day.

In the past I’ve had things I’ve started that have gone so completely wrong I’ve thrown out, ripped up or started again. :smile:

I was hoping to finish a set of patchwork coasters being to feel like they are not suppose to be.

First I sew the material all wrong. Then the machine jams due to the spindle slipping in the shuttle. Then I spend all sunday from 2pm to 11pm at the hospital with ‘Adopted daughter’.

Extremely tired to day so wondering if I’ll get these coaster’s finished.

Eileen that sounds like a disasterous day - is all ok with the adopted daughter? Have a day off from the coasters, do something else (I like gardening or baking when the jewellery just isn’t working) and then come back to it tomorrow refreshed and ready to face anything.

@HandcraftedbyPicto As group cheerleader I’ll do you a big cheer and high five when you finish one of the ‘on the go’ pile and get it listed. (never actually been a cheerleader but I have some pompoms somewhere) you are the only one who knows what it was supposed to look like - we’ll never know if it has gone completely wrong so long as the finished item looks well made.

1 Like

Thanks Sasha She’s very tired and now awaiting her emergency meds but looks like they won’t be ready for another couple of hours.

We are going for a little drive in the sunshine to help cheer her up a bit and try to take her mind off the pain while awaiting her meds. She should be feeling better later this evening. She’s ex army and is now disabled and only 26.