Folksy Ltd

Exeter Craft Festival

(Carol Webb) #1

Hi Folk, has anyone taken part in the Exeter Craft Festival on Cathedral Green?
I am thinking about sending in an application but would love it if there is anyone who has experience of it, is it worth doing etc?

(Jennie Mead) #2

Hi Carol,

I haven’t but I would be interested in seeing how you get on with that. I live in Exeter and have had thoughts about this event too.

I love your shop by the way!

Jennie :slight_smile:

(Deborah Jones) #3

I have only been as a visitor , I filled out the application a couple of years ago , but the logistics of leaving the stall over night and needing a generator put me off in the end. I live over an hour away .They used to have security over night , but apparently stopped it.
Friends do do really well there sometimes, but the weather is a big gamble.

I may consider it again in the future.

(Pauline Hayward) #4

@CarolMadeThis I keep thinking about it every year but never got round to it and one reason why I haven’t is because I have a very productive fair in Exmouth every December, and I don’t have enough stock and man power to do both. I’m shocked that they’ve stopped the security at night time and that’s one thing that I would be worried about. It’s hard work having to pack it away every night for 4 weeks.
If you decide to do it then I hope it’s good for you and would be interested to know how you got on.

(Carol Webb) #5

Thank you for your replies…need to have a think about this. It is the one in July I was thinking of not the Christmas one, so hopefully the chances of bad weather might be diminished.
They talk on the website about evening security, don’t know if that means night (I guess not). Would be a pain to pack up each night, but it is only 3 days.
As I said, thank you - lots of quick thinking to do as have to get the application in soon.

(Carol Webb) #6

Thank you, glad you like my shop :relaxed:

(Deborah Jones) #7

I was refering to the summer one , I haven’t been to one there at Christmas time.

(Pauline Hayward) #8

Oh I thought you meant the Chrisrmas one. I used to do that one years ago but got declined one year, and there excuse for that was they had someone else doing the same as me. I knew for a fact that wasn’t true because I’d done previous years and nobody else was selling the same as me. I kicked up such a fuss that in the end they let me have a stall.
As for them been no security on site overnight, I used to pack up all my stock and take it home with me each night, but not my stand. Better to be safe than sorry.

This picture shows what it was I mainly sold.