Expired listings and sold items

If you only have one item and it sells, it shows as no longer available if someone tries to click on the link. Will the sold item appear in your list of expired listings ??? The reason I ask is that someone ordered a bracelet yesterday that was sold, here on Folksy, back in August. It says the item was listed on 9th Nov. I can’t have relisted it from scratch as I delete all but one of the item photos when something sells and they are moved to a sold item photos folder on my laptop. I have a spreadsheet with everything listed and the sold items are highlighted in blue so before relisting anything I always double check I still have the item but if it was relisted on 9th it can have only been done from the expired listings page. I have gone through the whole of my shop and found 4 things that had either been sold or deleted by myself in my listings. I have emailed the buyer and advised him of the situation but still waiting to hear back from him,

Yes, and you still get a prompt at the bottom of your dashboard and even a reminder e-mail to relist an expired item even if it has sold out. It caught me out too the other day even though I know to check the stock levels before relisting… it’s just an accident waiting to happen.

1 Like

Thanks Helen, I didn’t know that. From now on I will be deleting sold items as soon as they sell so I can’t accidently relist them !!!

but if you do that … they won’t show on your Sold items page and customers won’t be able to see them - I’m sure a lot of customer check the sold page before buying, I often do anyway.

Yes don’t do that. I did that last week and now you cannot see photos of any of my previous sold listings and no way to put it all back. You can also see a quick glimpse of my previous feedbacks but cannot open them up to read the whole thing, which I am annoyed about. I won’t be doing that again!

Dont delete items from your shop when they are sold. If they were ever pinned by anyone (or similar on other sites) and someone clicks on them or finds them via a google search they will get taken to your shop. Even if the item they were interested in is sold out they may stop and look ( and maybe even buy) something else in your shop. If you delete things there will be no link.

When the item sells, the listing goes initially into your out-of-stock listings, but then moves to expired listings once the expiry date is reached, but it shows as 0 stock. When you check your expired listings to relist them, sort them by descending stock amount (by clicking on the column header) and the 0 stock ones will drop to the bottom of the list.

As others have said, it’s best not to delete the listings, as it removes all the details.

Claire I did the same thing and could not remake the item. I do wish that sold items didnt appear with the relist items as its so easy to get caught out.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I guess I will have to keep them and just be extra careful before relisting. It would make sense though for them NOT to appear in the expired listings, especially when they haven’t technically expired because they’ve been sold.

I emailed my the customer to explain the situation with regards to item being sold that I had no longer existed and was expecting to get a not very happy reply back. He took 10 days to reply and said for the delay, I’ve been busy. Thats a shame about the bracelet but not a problem. Can you just pick a bracelet for the same value please… i’ve never been asked to pick something for someone I have never seen before !!!

3 Likes

How lovely of him :smiley: He probably wants something for a present and trusts your judgement.

Just as well he doesn’t know me then because there are occasions when my judgement is seriously off balance !!! :smile:

2 Likes