Listings Renewing When Sold Out

I wonder if anyone can help. I’ve had a sale today, but unfortunately it was for something that had already sold out. I am very meticulous when it comes to renewing listing and don’t think this is a mistake I would have made. I can only think that there has been some sort of glitch. Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve accidentally relisted things when they move to the expired folder, but luckily noticed before anyone bought them.

I think this is a problem with Folksy, when you sell something it goes to the “out of stock” folder, or deactivated listings go to the “hidden” folder… but when their original time for expiring comes up, they still move to the expired folder and get mixed up with all your genuinely expired items. Unless you’ve got a really great memory, that makes it far too easy to accidentally relist something you don’t have any more.

Because of that, when I do sell or hide something, I’ve started editing the title to start “sold”, so it’s clear what has already gone once they end up in the expired folder.

Thanks for the reply. I could have done it by accident, but when I think about it it’s not the first time that it has happened. When I first got my plus account, I thought my listings would remain active until they sold or I expired them myself, but it’s apparently not the case.

It’s even more frustrating as the majority of items that I sell are one of a kind pieces and can’t be easily remade, as is the case with this one. I’ve made something else along the same lines and hope the buyer likes it just as much, I’ll just have to wait and see. Major headache though.

I’ve occasionally had things still left in my shop after they have been sold. I’ve always noticed this and removed them myself but, if you didn’t notice, it is possible for someone to buy the item again. I think these instances were just a glitch in the system.