Face book notifications

Needing help regarding notifications on face book,on my i pad
Yesterday …when I click on my notifications button face book takes me to my home page, so can not read or reply to any messages…I have not changed anything on face book …been working for years without a hitch!
Any one come across this problem before??
Everything is okay on my p.c. just not working on my i pad
Thanks in advance folks! x

Do you need the messenger app on ipad ? I can’t see or reply to any Facebook messages on my iphone because I won’t use their app.
But all is available on my pc.

Thanks for that idea! I have not heard of a messenger app,
will look into it…At least I am not alone with this problem
Thanks again Deborah x x

are you using app or full version?

Roz not sure what you mean by full version

I have had my i pad for 3 years now and have not changed or added anything in that time…this prob just came out of the blue this week thank you for your reply x x

If you open safari (or whatever internet browser you use on iPad) and then open Facebook as a web page rather than using the iPad app. I often have problems with the app.

Thanks Roz…not very technical here,not sure how to do that.I don’t use the face book app by the way, do you think that may help if I did…

Anything is worth a try - sometimes these things have no rhyme or reason! It might be worth shutting everything down including your iPad and restarting it all - maybe clear cookies etc. Other than that I can’t really say what might help.

Thanks Roz!..just tried shutting down, did not work I am afraid…So to morrow I will pop into our local Apple store , may be they will have a solution…will let you know …nite nite x x

Well, been to the ’ Apple shop ’ and Apple man could not find a solution!! So we downloaded the face book app, and It is okay again…But I can not get rid of a message that says 'Install messenger now '
So I can’t read any messages, as there is no button to click to say no thank you!!!.. More probs!
How to get past this messenger message?

As I only use the web version of FB on my iPad I can’t really help except to say that on the iPhone you have to install messenger to use the FB messaging option so maybe its the same on the iPad app.

Actually it WAS my web version that was giving all the probs…So having to download messenger or I won’t be able to read my messages…Oh! well…thanks for all the help ladies!!
Some one suggested downloading it then deleting it!!! Mmmmmm Jeanie x

Just one more thing you could try in the web version…if you click and hold (so hold your finger on the screen on iPad) the notifications/messages icon, a menu should appear giving you the option to “open in new tab”. If you select that then a new tab/window should appear showing your messages - I know I’ve used this in the past when I’ve had problems.

Unfortunately downloading and deleting doesn’t work ,that is the situation I am in.lots of people are happy using the messenger app, it was the bit in the terms and conditions saying they had the right to access photos that made me delete it.

I think you may find something similar in FB T&C’s

Most sites seem to have similar ,but you can choose what you share with them - I think pics in your phone should stay private unless you choose to share them.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions ladies! in the end I have had to download the app…It looks okay so far, sent a couple of messages!
So I will get used to it …But still would have liked a choice !!!
Jeanie x x