Facebook page reach,

This came up in my newsfeed and I thought it worth sharing on here, as it talks about the algorithm FB uses to reach your likers and how the “Type Yes and click Like” kind of posts don’t help in the long run.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/this-is-a-test-facebook-limiting-posts.shtml

I like that it says the way to increase your reach is to post interesting stuff that people want to read!

2 Likes

I personally find hedgehogs and cake keep my page reach in a happy place :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree, your cake is absolutely delicious and very kind of you to share :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I’m totally rubbish at FB but a pic I posted earlier this week reached over 800 people (I only have around 200 likers on my page). Totally gobsmacked and wish I knew what it was about that photo which was just a quick snap taken on my phone and uploaded via instagram…

I have struggled with Facebook since 2011, and had 78 followers for years, after Christmas I decided to try and get to 100, I adjusted a few things and managed to gain over 100, I was amazed to be honest… so I continued and figures carried on rising, then last week one of my photos suddenly had the whole world looking at it, over 57000 views and I now have over 900 followers.it’s really shaken me up, I just wish I could follow people from my business page, not my personal one, which is personal! So, if I can reach so many people, anyone can!

4 Likes

My goodness, 57000, wow! And I was thrilled with 800! The all important question, has it helped with sales?

1 Like

Exactly Helen, not at all, yet…I have had a normal amount of sales this week!

I know, very helpful LOL. Because I’m sure we’re all sitting at our computers thinking “let me post something that’ll really annoy people or will make them ignore me”! :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m thinking of starting a Facebook page but not sure if it’s worth it. It would have the same things as my Instagram. Do you get many sales from Facebook and how do you get followers?