Facebook reach

I’m no whizz at Facebook but I plod on because it kind of keeps me on track and I figure it’s better to be there than not. This last week or so I have noticed that my reach has suddenly gone up, yes GONE UP! By three or four times. I’m trying to figure out why.

When I share posts to groups or someone else shares one of my posts, I understand then why my reach would go up, but this isn’t the reason, no-one has shared the posts.

If someone likes my post and they’ve got lots of followers, does that increase my reach?

I usually post in the mornings, but a couple of these posts I’ve done in the afternoon because I was busy, do you think that makes a difference?

Am I just using the ‘right’ words, (or perhaps not so many ‘wrong’ ones)? I wonder if it’s a combination of all these things,I just find the whole thing intriguing and would love to hear your thoughts and tips.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed mine have gone up this week too. I’ve also noticed that in my business feed I’m now seeing a better mix of pages. Before it was really frustrating as I would only be shown two or three different pages. Now I’m been shown more I can like and comment on lots more pages. Maybe that’s the reason views and likes have risen on my page.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I have definitely noticed names that I’ve never seen before are liking my posts, so that could be it.

Mine has gone down!

Hi Amanda, If go into the Facebook Business Suite or Meta as I think it’s now known, you can see what are the optimal times to post to reach your audience. Perhaps yours is in the afternoon?

1 Like

Thanks Liz, I will have to take a look. I’ve probably wasted ten years posting in the mornings :grin: :grin: :grin:

:laughing: You can schedule posts from there at optimal times, going to both Facebook and Instagram with customised text for each.

It seems that my audience are most active at 7pm, so I might try that next week and compare the reach. Thank you xxx

1 Like

Facebook is a bit of a mystery to me - I don’t think I’ve got the hang of it yet but I do seem to be getting a few more likes recently. I just keep forgetting to post things on my different pages and I don’t want to bombard people with ‘sales posts’. It’s the same with Instagram and Pinterest but maybe I’ll get better at it as I go along!

1 Like

You’re very welcome x

I’ve noticed my Facebook reach has gone up for about the past month too, but about a month ago I did a post which (expectedly) had a lot more interaction, so I’m not sure if it’s just the after effects of that, or if other people are noticing it on their pages too, whether Facebook might have changed something.

For my past couple of posts I have noticed named I don’t recognise interacting too, I guess they’re most likely people who are friends with the people I know interacting (but I can’t be sure because their friend info isn’t public), but I’ve also used a hashtag on the last couple of my posts when I don’t normally, so that’s another possibility.

2 Likes

My facebook reach has definitely gone up in the last few weeks too on my business account. I had been posting less and less because I wasn’t getting any interaction and feeling quite despondent. But now I’m back to posting once a week, I’ve never really posted more than twice a week as I don’t have much to say! My own Facebook feed was just full of adverts at one stage, perhaps they’ve realised we like certain pages because we want to see them and not just adverts.

1 Like

Yes, I was struggling to post regularly (thank goodness for Folksy Friday else I think I might have given up altogether) but it’s easier to post when you see some results. It seems like something has changed for the better.

2 Likes

Well, I see that in the last 28 days my Facebook reach has increased by 64% and engagements by 67%. I have posted a couple of time on a William Morris group and a Laura Ashley group and that’s helped, I got at least 2 sales from there .

2 Likes