FAO admin gift guide promo

I’ve got to be honest, I didn’t know this was happening. I’ll see what I can find out.

8 Likes

I don;t like it either,

We pay to ‘rent’ our shops with the listing fees and commission. If we were bricks and mortar shops there is no way the ‘landlords’ would be able to just come in and stick up their own advertising in our shops. This should apply to online shops too.

7 Likes

Adding to the chorus of disapproval.

It seems really sneaky to slip something into our shops without any mention of it, the saying about mushrooms comes to mind. It’s rather like opening the door to your shop and finding the shelves filled up with competitors wares.
Come on Folksy - it’s hard enough for us to drive traffic to our shops without you boldly stepping in and snatching them away. Such a low blow.

Waiting with anticipation for your reasoning as to just how you deemed this was a ‘clever’ marketing strategy for our shops.

AND - please remove with immediate effect from our shop.

8 Likes

same here :smile:

2 Likes

I have been working hard to promote MY Folksy listings - with some encouraging signs of improvement. I am also happy to give some support to other shops and listings OF MY CHOICE. I have not paid to list on Folksy or spent many hours in promotion in order to support other sellers chosen by Folksy - lovely though many of their items may be. I searched the front page for the gift guide link - it didn’t occur to me to look in my own listings.

1 Like

I noticed it this morning too just after listing, feeling very annoyed, could @sianfolksy, @Folksycontent, @JamesB, @dougfolksy not have used the space to take customers that land on our page to more of our items???, the shop link is so tiny I often wonder how many people click on an item link and then go look at the rest of our items with the link being so tiny, this would surely lead customers even further away from our shops :frowning:

3 Likes

I’ll second, third, fourth… that

6 Likes

IMO, if Folksy “didn’t know this was happening” well it sets me wondering. Someone at Folksy has enabled this feature, have they done it off their own “bat”, I don’t think so. We are not stupid Folksy.
I don’t think this will be “fixed” until Monday, as I don’t think Folksy work over the weekend. (I’m expecting this post to be deleted, as the truth sometimes hurts). Marg. x

1 Like

@sianfolksy, @Folksycontent, @JamesB, @dougfolksy
Please note: even though it may be the weekend this is a very important issue and needs resolution immediately.

And if the technology is there to enable this type of button in our shops then could it be put to better effect for shop owners by allowing browsers to access our other items more efficiently than the tiny strip they have at present. Perhaps it could be labelled: see other items from this seller?

12 Likes

Yes I agree with all of the above it really isn’t fair. I will not renew my plus account if this isn’t removed and I will seriously consider whether to stay with Folksy in the future. It isn’t just this but as someone else said it might be the final staw to break the camels back.

1 Like

If this has really angered you ( and why wouldn’t it !!!) make sure you are reporting it to admin as well as commenting on here - I certainly have
This was part of my comment to Folksy Admin:

'In my opinion it is your job to promote the site as a shopping experience and I would suggest your efforts are better spent doing that then piggybacking ( without my consent) on my efforts as a seller in promoting my shop. The latter is hard enough without this appearing from nowhere. It is if I had an actual physical shop and someone decided to put a sticker on every single item saying “hey why not go elsewhere and buy something else” … ’

5 Likes

I’ve posted a photo showing the “Big Button” on the Folksy FB page and asked them to remove them

I’ve also emailed with :angry:
Dear Folksy
We are not happy about the new Big Button. ref : FAO admin gift guide promo
In fact we are pretty cross.
It’s like us placing adverts for our Etsy shops on other peoples’ Folksy pages or even your home page.
Please remove with immediate effect

5 Likes

@sianfolksy @Folksycontent @dougfolksy I too am in agreement with all the above comments. I have really been struggling with views and sales for the last 2 months. This really is not acceptable.

2 Likes

You can also see this thread http://talk.folksy.com/t/give-craft-this-christmas/4857/35

@sianfolksy @dougfolksy @Folksycontent
This is one of the reasons I love coming on this forum, we find out so much information. I didn’t see this ‘button’ until reading it on here and I certainly don’t like it. I, like lots of Folksy shops put direct links to items on our fb page and blogs etc.
Please remove this ‘button’ from my shop

Agreed! please could you do this instead.

I agree with everyone too, its hard enough to get views to our shops at the minute since admin played around with whatever they did that the outside world cant see us especially at this time of year without this now happening, I think its just wrong @Folksy, you should be supportive of ALL your customers not just the favoured ones lucky enough to make the gift guides and if by any remote change in hell freezing over I had been included in those gift guides I’d be saying the same thing!

So disappointed Folksy, I had every hope when I opened the shop on here of it becoming successful, it is a fantastic idea and should be a great site, unfortunately I think youre failing miserably and don’t fancy your chances of many people renewing their plus accounts next year if this type of behaviour continues!

5 Likes

Yep agree, another slap in the face for those of us that work hard on good products but are not deemed ‘folksy’ enough to be worthy of promotion

3 Likes

Joining the queue of discontented Sellers … I have been working hard this week to drive customers to my shop, I’d like to keep them there for longer than one page. If this clickable link could be changed to say “View othe items by this Seller” that would be fab as it’s not obvious for Buyers how to do that.

4 Likes

Well, someone from Folksy is obviously working this weekend, as there are fresh posts going on the Facebook page from Folksy…shame they’re not bothering to come onto the forum and respond to this thread…

3 Likes