Feedback as a Seller

On the dark side they stopped us leaving feedback as the seller, do any of you still leave it for your Folksy sales? I always leave it as a buyer but not sure what to say as a seller. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

2 Likes

I say something like
" Thank you very much for choosing my glass. I’m delighted that you are happy as I do so enjoy making it. Joy xx"

I only tend to do it if I get buyer feedback as can’t really see the purpose otherwise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joy, that makes sense. If a buyer pays up ok but doesn’t say anything else one way or another then there’s not much more to say. It’s nice to know that the item has arrived safely if nothing else. I always leave feedback when purchasing.

2 Likes

I always leave feedback when I sell or purchase something on Folksy but feedback for me has rarely been given. I get more feedback on Etsy I think that maybe down to Etsy giving a prompt to leave feedback, not sure if Folksy do that.

1 Like

But the timing of the feedback system on Etsy doesn’t lead me to leave it at all as I have to remember to go back in there days after receipt. Not that I buy from there often of course. Which reminds me I was most unhappy with my last purchase…

1 Like

All the more reason to leave feedback @JOYSofGLASS so that other buyers can be aware of potential problems. Not wishing to sound negative though, but feedback isn’t all about a pat on the back however much we wish it was but can highlight problems to a seller that they may not be aware of. I always worry that when people have not left me feedback it is because they didn’t like what they received, although on Folksy I think most of my (few)sales have been purchased by guests.

Zoe Absolutely right. This was a case of a total lack of communication from the seller for a personalised item so I had no idea if they had received my requested details or not and when they responded eventually they obviously hadn’t bother to read what I had written. It did arrive ok but was no better than it should have been so yes I must do that feedback. If I had been able to leave it there and then I would have but I had to wait for several days before it would allow me to.
The Folksy system is so much better - you can leave the feedback straight away so no excuse for forgetting.

PS Thanks for the reminder. Left my 3* feedback and read others similar to mine ! Should have read feedback first before ordering on the strength of just a pretty picture !

1 Like

If the buyer is a folksy member then of course I leave feedback as the seller. However most of my customers are guest buyers

2 Likes

Thank you for your input everyone, very helpful. :two_hearts:

1 Like