First listing on my shop

Hi everyone

I have just listed my first item please give me your thoughts… I like constructive but kind comments :wink: Please visit:

I’ll be listing more under my shop, I do handmade cards for all occasions as well as personalised cards.

Many thanks in advance for your comments

Rebecca
Handmade4Ewe

I think it is worth taking a photo of the card without the protective bag (which is causing glare spots in the photo) so that people can clearly see the design. Related to that - folksy crop the images shown in search results to a square so it is worth making sure that your photo displays well as a square and you are not loosing bits of the image when it gets cropped. Also you don’t mention the size of the card.

Ok thanks @SashaGarrett I’ll do that tonight. What is the best measurement to use.

Hi I noticed earlier that you haven’t included the word Card in your title. You really need that. Also you have an opportunity for 5 photos but have only used one, more is better. + Please can you redo your photo without the plastic cover as I can’t see what it actually is.
When you buy online you only have the photos to show you what you are buying so you need to make them as clear as possible.
Hope this is helpful.

As a non card maker the A5, C6, D4 sizes mean nothing to me so I would go for height and width measurements both inches and centimeters.

1 Like

There is a whole section on the folksy blog about product photography
http://blog.folksy.com/category/seller-tips/handmade-photography-tips

firstly welcome to Folksy.
I AGREE with the comments above…I couldn’t really see what it was that you were selling.
is it a “do it yourself” card?..
I think it would be best to use the extra photos, to show the individual elements so that people will know exactly what they are buying…
Hope that helps and good luck with your shop

1 Like

Hi
I notice you are now asking further advice on being a featured seller.
On this forum you will find everyone is willing and happy to go out of their way to help anyone who asks for help. Folksy is friendly :slight_smile:
But I also notice you have not taken any of the advice offered about your first listing. It is still a single indecipherable photo of a card which doesn’t say it is a card and only one photo and no dimensions.
If you have any ambition to be a featured seller you will need to follow some of the advice offered or there will be little point asking for it.
Sorry if this sounds a little harsh but advice and time are freely given in here and it is disheartening when it is ignored.
We all of us want all the other shops on here to do well as the better Folksy is as a marketplace the better for all of us.
Good luck with your shop but please do listen to the answer when you ask a question. Xxx.

3 Likes

Hi

Thank you @JOYSofGLASS I can only do this when I have got free time as I work part time also as required so it will take a few days for me to do it

Can I recommend then that you do make changes at your earliest opportunity.
Your shop is now out there. You want people who see it to see everything at its best and you need that if you are eventually to have a successful shop.
If you don’t have time this second then put your listing and the other you’ve created since asking for advice on the first, in draft until such time as you do have time. Otherwise it is like opening a B&M shop before you’ve taken the blinds from the windows or labelled anything.
First impressions are so important.

PS. I have to ask as I have a slight concern. Is that your own photo of the boy that you have photoshopped and if not, have you checked it is copyright free ?

1 Like

No it wasn’t mine but thanks for the warning about copyright I have checked & am ok on copyright.

@JOYSofGLASS

@JOYSofGLASS Thanks for your advice - I have hidden the inclear photo item so will amend the photos when I have got time.

Rebecca

1 Like

Hi Rebecca…that is a much better photo but still difficult to see the photo of the baby…and you need to put the size of the card in the listing, as people like to know…
Don;t be despondent of any criticisms people are giving you…everyone is here to help you.
You don’t really need to mention the various costs of posting, as that is in your postal charges at the bottom of the listing. I think that too much information can confuse people.
I also personally think that it is better to just make cards and list them “as seen” rather than complicate things. Once you have more in your shop, then you can offer personalised cards.
Also and I hope this isn’t rude of me, but I think that £2 is quite a lot for posting one card. It would be better if you could reduce it to £1.25 or even £1.50…people would be more inclined to buy if you could keep the price as low as possible.(That would be £1 for a LARGE stamp and the rest for the packaging)

Ok thank you very much @teabreaks I’ll reduce the postage. Do you reckon that I could combine postage if more than one card was brought?

Thanks

Rebecca