First visit

Hi everyone, I am new to Folksy, i haven’t started selling yet because i am wanting to build up a few projects to put on first. One question i have is how do i sell personalised things?

welcome to Folksy…come back on here to share your link once you are up and running.
sorry, can’t help with your query but I am sure someone can x

Why not browse the shops on here to see how other sellers approach this?..

Thank you for your replies, i am very excited to get my things together and list them on here. I hope i get some good feedback when i do. Do you have shops yourselves?

Hi,
I just did a search for ‘personalised’ and got over 6000 results across a wide selection of categories so I think Christine is right - have a browse of how other people who sell within your craft type have tackled the situation for the best way forward.
(the shop of the person who is replying can be found by clicking on the blue link next to the little trolley icon at the top of their reply)

Hi there!

You can add in personalised information in the “Notes to Seller” at checkout.

The problem I have found though is that often people want to discuss personalisation before they purchase and they are unable to message you unless they are already registered here or they have to register a Folksy account to do this. I often get people contacting me on my own website or via FB because of this as they don’t want to set up an account.

Good luck with your shop - Folksy is a lovely friendly place :slight_smile:

I have had a shop here for over 10 years now…Folksy is a lovely place to be x