Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2018

Thanks for asking Sasha! I think it’s always going to be a struggle. Before we got the asd and spd diagnosis, his personal tutor, that we pay for once a week assessed him on reading speed and comprehension, writing speed, and some other things to show what he needed for sats purposes. (WIAT II T, DASH) Of course the school have to apply for a scribe etc, and were umming and ahhing, so I made it clear we have supported him and them, but we are not spending hours revising at home, and if he isn’t supported at school and provided with these things for the sats he is likely to perform poorly.

The SALT that assessed for asd says he needs an EHCP as soon as possible, and when I receive the paperwork, he’ll send a framework of adjustments that I must meet with the SENCO and present. Not looking forward to it, but the silly things they do at school like moving his place in the class without warning have a massive affect on home life and it’s just not fair.

Sorry, that was a bit of an essay, but the long and short is, I’m not actually sure what adjustments the school have applied for. I feel like they don’t care :frowning:

3 Likes

Sarah @SarahDesignsUK - it must be so frustrating without the support and backing of the school :frowning: You’ve put in so much hard work. Is it likely that the high school will be more helpful?

Well done @PetraBradleyPrints it is fairly simple once you’ve done it a few times isn’t it? x

Glad they arrived safely Valerie @jenniesgems - thanks so much for being a great customer x

2 more sales to report please Max @MaxPringJewellery - doing so much better than this time last year, Last April was so bad, I couldn’t even pay the bills, I had a complete crisis of confidence and nearly gave it all up! I was so worried that this year would be the same but thank goodness, it;s been a good Month so far!

6 Likes

Apparently my Dad is safely out of surgery - now to wait and see if the new valve does its job OK.

I now have a very poorly daughter - spent the afternoon asleep on the sofa. Not much of a holiday for her :frowning:

11 Likes

My son & I had very similar experiences in his school life, I shalln’t say his condition because he prefers it un-‘labelled’…In my experience everything boils down to what the school needs, wrapped up in what they said my son should have to 'help’ but made a fight out of supplying it! he had a scribe for his GCSE’s which he didn’t like but I was glad he did. Some SENCO’s were great, others less so. The secondary school meant well, but didn’t really fully understand.

The best piece of advice we had was from an external educational psychologist who was brilliant! She said that my son’s life would get easier when the education system was behind him & she was absolutely right. He’s adapted to the way the world works in a way that suits him & he’s a bright, funny, quirky, considerate individual. He’s in work, a relationship, happy & loved by an awful lot of people. He’s the best son a mumma could wish for. His school experience bound us together & whilst it could have been less challenging, it gave him invaluable life skills. It was our bond in navigating the school systems that prevailed in the end. As I always laughed with him in the more challenging moments “you & I are for ever, schools are transient”!!

Very best of luck to you & your son Sarah @sarahDesignsUk :grinning:

7 Likes

Oh Sarah! I think your experience is highlighting how much it can vary from school to school. Maybe its because I invigilate for a sixth form and the funding is different or something but they seem to have their sh*t a bit more together than that. Saw a similar thing with a friend’s son (not sure where he is on the autistic spectrum but he’s on it) once they got him into a school that cared about him as a person and figuring out how to get it to work for him he flourished (he’s now at art college with local businesses getting him to do design work for them (and I have my specially commissioned picture thanks to the OH)).
We care even if the school doesn’t appear to and I’ll keep my fingers crossed that there is someone beavering away in a back room sorting it out ready for his SATs.

4 Likes

Good news about your Dad - wishing him a speedy recovery xx Hope your Daughter feels better soon too xx

4 Likes

Evening all,

Natalie @NOfkantsCurios Happy Anniversary :champagne::champagne:
Carol @Knittingtopia Hope the blood tests go ok and you don’t feel too woozy
Sue @SueTrevor Oh no! Hope your son feels better soon
Roz @OrchardFelts Good news about your Dad, hope your daughter feels better soon

Another gloomy day here again, although I did manage to get a couple of photos done. Here’s mine for today:

Jayne x

7 Likes

Evening. So much rain here thisevening.

Not had time to go through all today’s posts yet, but will do later.
In the meantime, some summery earrings from me

5 Likes
5 Likes

Can you add a sale for me please Maxine @MaxPringJewellery

4 Likes

Thank you for being so kind, but most definitely 26 whole year older and about twice the size, lol!

This is us tonight! Mocktails as we both have work tomorrow.

Natalie x

18 Likes

Late night catch up done.

Glad to see the good news about your dad Roz @OrchardFelts
Happy anniversary belatedly Natalie @NOfkantsCurios
Sarah @thedotterypotter so frustrating and unfair for you. Thoughts are with you all.
Strange how your photos are showing so small Carol @cariadcrafts11. They open up to full size once I click on them

Off to get some sleep now

4 Likes

Glad your Dad is out of surgery ok. Let’s hope everything settles down quickly for him. Hope your daughter gets better soon too.

3 Likes

Glad you are feeling better but sorry to hear your son now has it. To be honest, I think a lot of places no longer pay sick pay even in full hours contract work. Neither my hubs or brother gets sick pay (other than SSP) which is next to nothing. Sometimes you just have to give in and look after yourself rather than think of the wages though. Hope he’s feeling better soon.

2 Likes

Good mornng yay happy dancing for sales Valerie and Sarah

Sorry didn’t get back on here yesterday a spot of impromptu babysitting so daughter and partner could go visit elderly aunt who’s still in hospital, shes fine but has a broken bone from a fall and lives alone so they are keeping her in hospital until it mends, shes really fed up now though, bless her. So pleased to hear your dad’s surgery went well Roz @OrchardFelts fingers crossed now for a speedy recovery and hope your daughter is feeling better today :slight_smile:

Hope you son is feeling better Sue @SueTrevor

2 Likes

Good morning. Not too sure what today will bring. Daughter really suffering so day out cancelled - I expect she will stay in bed for the day so who knows, maybe some felting might even be on the cards! Does anyone have any good cold remedies that dont involve hot drinks - she has a phobia about drinking hot liquids, I swear by lemsip but she won’t touch it!

Another card from me today.

4 Likes

Sorry your daughter is feeling so poorly Roz, my son is full of a cold too, but not as bad as your daughter, he just sounds yucky! Hope she is feeling more like herself soon.

My item for today a pretty free spinning Red Jasper keyring or handbag charm.

Natalie x

4 Likes

Finally! managed to get pinning to work from laptop, so have gone back & done some…

New listing! hurray!

Hope all those with bugs & ops recover quickly :bouquet:

Caught up to here - Have a good day :grinning:

8 Likes

Good Morning everyone :slight_smile:

My listing today is this patterned bowl:

8 Likes

Good Morning everyone
https://folksy.com/items/7126100-Tones-Of-Blue-Enamelled-Copper-Pendant-With-Sterling-Silver-Chain

5 Likes