Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2019

Another new listing of earrings from me today. Keeping it animal themed with a pair of pigs

14 Likes

Iā€™ve just been reading back - it did make me giggle! I can imagine that naughty step getting very crowded. I think Iā€™ve been very good today (though others may disagree), so I shanā€™t be squeezing in or even claiming a cushion :wink:

Itā€™s a beautiful sunny day here today, and Iā€™ve managed to photograph my latest bag.

15 Likes

@SashaGarrett my PO. ladies told me to put the CN22 label bottom left, and return address on the reverse. I always have done since, and touch wood, not had a problem. I post international tracked and signed.

7 Likes

Thank you Linda :slight_smile: @jewelleryandjangles

4 Likes

All loved and pinned to here.

11 Likes

Re:List as Theme of the Day is Bluebellsā€¦

Lovely portrait Brenda @teabreaks

Interesting discovery Sasha @SashaGarrett The Royal Mail ā€˜Click & Dropā€™ facility also prints the return address sidewaysā€¦ must be why it does soā€¦ I use a ā€˜trackerā€™ app called ā€˜Parcelsā€™ which gives very good & much more detailed tracking info (USPS included) than Royal Mailā€™s app which is not detailed enough, especially when things go wrongā€¦Royal Mail made it look like a parcel was sitting in USPSā€™s international centre, San Fransisco for days! when I could see via ā€˜Parcelsā€™ that it was heading to Oregan & when an attempted delivery was unsuccessful, I could see it was in the Portland delivery office, not on Royal Mailā€™s app tho! it still had it sitting in San Fransisco. ā€¦I also post international tracked & signed.

Royal Mail took a month, after completing their form filling, to refund me for one of my Limited Edition Prints which they lost. But I did get the full price of the print refunded.

Loved & pinned to hereā€¦

14 Likes

Another sale to report please Max @MaxPringJewellery ā€¦ and this one was a bigger one so lots of happy dancing. However, it was a commission so may yet be returned if it doesnt match up to aspirations :slight_smile:

I have got a day off tomorrow with nothing planned but now have to decide whether to tackle the long list of jobs around the house or ignore them and indulge myself in a day of crafting to the exclusion of all else. Mind you the way I am feeling at the moment I could happily spend the day in bed and do neither ā€¦ I am so tired!

14 Likes

Linda @jewelleryandjangles Hot chocolate would be fineā€¦(bring biccies too pleaseā€¦lolā€¦we might be there a long time and get hungry)
One more sale for me please Maxā€¦total now 5 (this one was for a psychic portraitā€¦)

11 Likes

Another vote for return address on the back, Iā€™m seeing a pattern here thank you.

7 Likes

Sounds like we might need a staircase rather than just the one stepā€¦

Out for lunch with a couple of friends. A former colleague and friend set up a deli cafe a couple of years ago - a real career change from mental health nursing! so we went there. Lovely food and a great atmosphere there.

Congratulations on the sale of your first psychic portrait Brenda @teabreaks. Looking very positive for the future

I hadnā€™t realised that thereā€™s a ā€˜properā€™ way of organising labels for USA. I put a large label on the front with the addresseeā€™s name and address on then stick the CN22 and return address on the back. I always send with RM, and they are usually large envelope size, so I donā€™t know if that makes a difference, but Iā€™ve never had a problem with them in spite of taking them to a variety of post offices.

Re-listing today

14 Likes

Yeah I always use int tracked and signed (where available, Canada has stopped doing it because of the backlog from last yearā€™s strikes) and have been using USPSā€™s tracking rather than royal mailā€™s, I shall investigate the ā€˜parcelsā€™ app for when I resend this one (with a sideways return address on the backā€¦)
(saw your bluebells on the folksy socials, it was rather thrilling in a ā€˜I know her!!!ā€™ sort of way)

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure there is a ā€˜properā€™ way, USPS says one thing, Royal mailā€™s website says another and royal mail customer services says a third (and the evidence on this thread is weā€™ve been doing many other versions as well). When youā€™re posting large letter size there is only so much space and a lot of stickers to go on!

7 Likes

Evening everyone
Earrings today

11 Likes

When I post to the USA I usually put the CN22 label on the bottom right of the front of the parcel and my return address on the back. If I have a small parcel and not much space on the front, Iā€™ve even put the CN22 label on the top or side of the parcel too. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™ve just been lucky but they have all arrived with no problems. I havenā€™t posted to the USA since Christmas though, so Iā€™m not sure if there are generally more problems at the moment.

9 Likes

Thanks Sue, @BeadstormJewellery I have done 4 this weekā€¦sadly because Admin took so long replying to my request to list, the other three were from the dark side, but hopefully now Folksy can pick up steam with them x

5 Likes

We really are putting these stickers all over the place! I sent 2 at the same time, addressed the same way yet 1 of them (and only 1 of them) came back - maybe they (usps) are introducing new machines or something and one packet went through one address reader and the other went through a different one.

5 Likes

Evening!
2 sales to report please.
Ooh lots of interesting stuff about the packages to the USA - I need to re read them all as I am getting myself a bit confused. That really isnt difficult!!
@MaxPringJewellery - sadly my parcel to the USA is still a no show. Fortunately the lovely lady that ordered has been mega patient and has commissioned me to do two replacement pieces. Thats a bonus - as it was a Ā£200 order. Wow yours took along time too - sorry to hear that you had to refund. How frustrating.
Are you all off your naughty steps yets? :rofl:
So pleased to hear you can list your psychic portraits Brenda @teabreaks.

8 Likes

Iā€™m very late again today. Another commission needed finishing this afternoon. Thatā€™s done now and Iā€™ve got time off from the day job until Wednesday, so Iā€™m hoping for a slightly less manic few days. Pull me up a cushion at the naughty step! :laughing:

Reading all the US post troubles makes me very glad I took the decision to stay stress-free and only sell in the UK.

Iā€™ve managed to write a listing for one of my new items (another reason Iā€™m so late today). All loved and pinned.

https://folksy.com/items/7264017-Chickens-cushion-with-two-pale-blue-floral-and-polka-dot-chickens

13 Likes

Caught up to here.
Love the card Karen @TheCornishHare.
Beautiful bowlerite/ pendant @SashaGarrett.
Great pigs @thatenamelguy.
Beautiful bag @rosesworkshop.
Love the camper van purse @valerie
Great card @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker.
Charming chickens @PocketfulCreations .
I am working on two paintings at moment, unlikely to finish before Easter, OH is whisking me away to a hotel in St. Ives for the weekend. Have rediscovered some stuff in my portfolio that Iā€™d forgotten about, so might list them.
Until then, a relist of Trethevy Quoit greetings card.

12 Likes

Thank you - I spent a good while mulling over whether to cut the rough for economy or to say ā€˜heck with itā€™ and cut to put the blue squiggle in the most pleasing orientation.
(enjoy St Ives, its been a while since I went to the cornish one but I do remember it being gorgeous and having lots of art galleries)

10 Likes