Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2019

ha ha Sarah @thedotterypotter I will be missing a long time today…72 mins on the naughty step is a long time ha ha

8 Likes

I’ll only be 5 mins less than you Brenda…:rofl:

8 Likes

And I’ve got 72 minutes as well! (But, as long as he’s naughty too, I can share my time with Francis @thatenamelguy, Brenda @teabreaks and Lynn @erkinwald. We can have a naughty step party! Are you coming too Sarah @thedotterypotter?
Relists from me today - I’m working on another shawl, but since they each take at least 80 hours to do (and I’ll be on that naughty step for a while), and we’re baby-sitting today, it will be some while before it’s ready to list. I’m still drawing designs for it.
Now to one of the listings:
image https://folksy.com/items/7220713-Ladybird-T-shirt-Age-3-6-months

14 Likes

I’ve got 72 minutes too.
Little grandson staying for 2 nights so not much sewing will get done although hes very good with the foot pedal on the machine and filling cushions.
Sale purses today

7253281-SALE-Campervan-Coin-Purse-0
Valerie x

14 Likes

hehe…I’ll be there with the stopwatch! I think you all need to bring crafts and gin to the naughty step to keep yourself busy! 72 minutes is a long time to reflect on your actions!

12 Likes

Sooo I’ve heard back from Royal Mail about why my package was returned and any of you who ship to the USA might want to know so you don’t have the same issue. USPS is using OCR to read the address and if your return address strays to far from the top left corner it reads that as the destination - doesn’t matter if its got ‘from’ or ‘sender’ next to it or is written tiny - if its the first address the OCR finds that it how it routes the package. At no point does a human get involved to double check. USPS says to put return addresses in the top left corner (royal mail says put it on the back, wouldn’t it be nice if they agreed) but I’d been told that is where to put the CN22 so had been putting the return address just beneath the CN22 (written small with ‘from’ next to it) as that was the closest I could get to the top left hand corner. Obviously I’d just got lucky with all the other packages I’d sent formatted in that manner.
So where does anyone else put the CN22 and return address on packages to the USA? (the dark side postage labels print the return addresses sideways on the left hand side so maybe that is a way to stop the OCR from recognising them) I’m keen to avoid it happening again.

10 Likes

that is very useful information Sasha @SashaGarrett
It might be worth you starting a thread on the forums for other people to read. Not everyone is on our lovely (naughty) thread…
I don’t know about me writing 50 Shades or Purple…how about, “The confessions of a lot of old ladies on the Naughty step”…lol

12 Likes

Your beautiful cards arrived today Karen @TheCornishHare, they are so delightful I love them and thank you for adding Percy, what a little cutie. :smiley:

7 Likes

I think gin and crafts are a good idea to bring to the Naughty step party Sarah @thedotterypotter, and Joss @XStitcherJoss. Good title Brenda @teabreaks or perhaps the gin and snigger set…

11 Likes

LOL Lynn @erkinwald …but I don’t drink alcohol…hate the taste and smell of it…x

6 Likes

Oops!, sorry Brenda :grinning:

7 Likes

A set of organic cotton coasters for me today. Going to catch up on the naughtiness.

11 Likes

I am daft enough, without adding alcohol…lol :rofl:

8 Likes

New colourway in my padded seatbelt cover / seatbelt sleeve design today . Summery shades in the usual cosy Alpaca / wool blend …

10 Likes

I successfully posted a package to the USA with the CN22 on the front and return address on the back. I say successfully, the package was returned to the sorting office after a failed delivery attempt. The buyer said she wasn’t informed of this by the carrier, but luckily I kept track and informed her by email. Otherwise I may well have had it returned.

9 Likes

Sunny Tuesday afternoon

Lovely day, looks like most of the country is enjoying it too

OOOo Brenda @teabreaks, that is stunning, look forward to seeing more

Love your birdbag Lynn @erkinwald

That step is definitely going to get crowded, 70 for me !!! hope you’ve got enough cushions Sarah @thedotterypotter

Here is mine, different colourway

Carol xx

13 Likes

Thank you - you are filling me with confidence about usps.

8 Likes

My new listing today

11 Likes

Fresh from the bench

15 Likes

@SashaGarrett your work is wonderful, I love the bowlerite.
Love the seatbelt sleeve, I have one that my mum made and wouldn’t be without it @AliDufty
@teabreaks instead of gin I’ll bring hot chocolate if that suits, I don’t drink either.

Here is my listing today

13 Likes