Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JULY 2020

All caught up to here, I forgot how popular this thread is!! Hopefully I can keep up :slight_smile:

Thank you to those welcoming me back, I hadnā€™t shut down my shop completely but had limited the items to those I could pop in a postbox but now I can use the local depot rather than postoffice to drop off parcels thatā€™s left me feeling more comfortable re-listing my other items.

@OswestryJewels yes, really is a big knitting circle now, just hope thereā€™s still room for me :rofl:

Today we went to a new local cafe which is selling ice cream and coffees from their front door, kiddo loved it, we sat and ate them on a bench a little up the road, a wee bit of normalcy for him in what has been tough times for a 4 year old to process.

Todays listing;

27 Likes

Afternoon everyone some new earrings today
Thank you everyone for the kind messages
https://folksy.com/items/7507076-Sterling-Silver-Drop-Earrings-With-Dandelion-Detail

24 Likes

@OswestryJewels i used to feel a bit like that when Iā€™ve joined in before. I used to love, pin and tweet and some people couldnā€™t even be bothered to heart mine. Now i heart and pin and retweet if i see them.

Just wondering, does anyone here NOT use facebook? Iā€™m finding Iā€™ve no time for making what with my day job, housework, Instagram, twitter, facebook and now Iā€™ve rejoined this thread where i love and pin which all takes time.
I love twitter and Instagram but i find facebook so time consuming time youā€™ve replied to everyone and gone and left comments on their pages. Twitter and Instagram seem so much quicker. Wondering if i can ditch facebook?

20 Likes

Good morning. I have liked and pinned to here, and managed to list a new Greeting Card as well.

My Pinterest Board for Folksy 365 Daily Listing Challenge Thread is https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thegreetingscardshop/
SallyAnn

23 Likes

I donā€™t do facebook, instagram or twitter. Use pinterest and occasionally flickr. I just donā€™t have the time for all the palaver of social media. :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

@Knittingtopia Iā€™m only really active (though a bit clueless) on Twitter and Pinterest. I started trying to get into Facebook but now my laptop refuses to access it - says ā€˜too many redirectsā€™ and not got to bottom of this yet (suspect something needs updated). I also havenā€™t worked out Instagram yet, tho there was something from Folksy the other day that made me think I should probably fix Facebook first. Going to use this challenge as an incentive to get better on social media all round.

15 Likes

Great thanks @SashaGarrett Iā€™ll have a go tomorrow :grinning:

14 Likes

Wow finally got to the bottom of the list and will check back later. Well impressed with all the talent and also learning about fordite which Iā€™ve also just educated my OH about - looks totally amazing and what a back story! Well done to everyone who has sales, thank you for all the promotion and good luck today.

Todayā€™s listing is new - is just a larger version of an existing item, but a small victory to finally get it finished.

25 Likes

I heart on here as aids as a marker so I know where I have got to. Then click on the item, love the page, tweet and pin every item posted in the daily challenge. Feel only fair if people do the same for me but have often found I do the necessary and others do not bother.

15 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed that too - even though there are loads of people on now! Iā€™m not even able to promote myself on social media - didnā€™t get on with Pinterest, learning Instagram now. I always favourite your listing Polly! And everyone on here. Feel bad that Iā€™m such a numpty on Social Media!:smiley: Will set up a Folksy section for my faves on Instagram at some point - guinea pigging my ā€˜dark sideā€™ shop at the mo, until I learn the ropes.:blush:x

16 Likes

@Caroleecrafts Iā€™ve been doing pretty much the same except that on Twitter Iā€™ve been checking and retweeting (mainly your tweets :grinning:) where a tweet already exists. Do you (or anyone else) know if itā€™s better to create a new tweet - does this get more visibility? Keen to do whateverā€™s best as love promoting everyoneā€™s work - reminds me of the buzz I used to get many years ago when I worked in salesā€¦and I just realised I didnā€™t pin and tweet my own and had to go do it blimey :grinning:

15 Likes

Thanks for those instructions for clickable photos, Sarah and Sasha. Iā€™ll give it a go.

12 Likes

Hi Everyone, Gosh you have all been busy today, I have a bit of catching up to do.
I have a relist, a lovely big organiser/messenger bag.

25 Likes

Iā€™ve given up on Facebook because I just canā€™t get it to upload my shop even though Iā€™ve followed the instructions on both Folksy and Facebook. I get an error message but it means nothing to me. So Iā€™m sticking to Pintrest until I can borrow a teenager from somewhere.
Meanwhile, hereā€™s my listing for today (trying out the new instructions. Fingers crossed!)
That seems to have worked! Thanks!

26 Likes

Lovely bracelet Pat @CuriousBeadCompany.:+1:Iā€™m a bit blue and green obsessed at the moment!!

14 Likes

Afternoon all.
Finally managed to upload pics and list, kept getting the Iā€™m broken sign.
More rubies.

@jenniesgems very sad news about your neighbours Valerie. Never a good time to lose someone, but the suddenness with this illness is so shocking.

25 Likes

I am the same Carol. Instagram to me is so much quicker than Facebook. I have my family and friends on Facebook, so following is sooooo time consuming. With Instagram, you can just dip in and out as you want.
With the pinning on this thread I use Pinterest; and hopefully try and place the items in the correct place. Its https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thegreetingscardshop/
SallyAnn

16 Likes

Here be dragons! Iā€™ve listed my purple pink and yellow resin and ink dragon brooch today.
Purple and yellow dragon brooch JJ folksy

23 Likes

Hi I am new to posting here although Ive had a folksy presence for a couple years only just getting more into it as my youngest is 4, here is my latest posting to my shop. https://folksy.com/items/7507235-Presence-Pendants

21 Likes

All loved and pinned to here. :smiley:

13 Likes