Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JULY 2020

I do maintain a Facebook page, but it is easier to ignore it than to post regularly on it. As others have observed, Facebook can be laborious. I prefer to use Instagram and Twitter. It’s easier to post frequently yourself and also to like/ comment on others’ posts.
I also pin regularly, both my own work and items from the thread, but I always feel I’m not using Pinterest to its full potential.

17 Likes

Thank you for your input re facebook @erkinwald, @feelfeltfound, @CuriousBeadCompany and @thegreetingscardshop. I wouldn’t totally delete my fb page as i have my shop on there which i use for instagram shopping. I’m thinking of leaving the page itself dormant though.

15 Likes

I just need to find some extra time from somewhere.

14 Likes

Loved and pinned to here. That did take a while. I usually come on here once a day so always catch upon the previous days listings so I don’t miss any one out. Helen @PocketfulCreations you are off to a flying start. Valarie @jenniesgems, sad new about your neighbours, I hope you get some nice friendly new ones soon. Sue @SueTrevor careful with the knitting needle you don’t want to cause a scratch that could get infected.
I did something adventurous today, hubby needed to get some cash, so we walked to the cash point and saw the chippy was open (lunch time) so we bought chips to go and had them for our lunch when we got home. The first food that we have not cooked ourselves for over 3 months. Luckily we has some cash, :joy:

18 Likes

Just popped on to catch up with the loving and pinning.

I create a pinterest board for the month and add all the links to it every day. I also love every item.

I have managed to link my Facebook Shop to my Folksy shop which is good as when I add new products to Folksy or I get a sale it automatically updates my Facebook shop which saves a lot of time. The only thing I need to do is add new items to the right collection in Facebook. I have the automatic update set to daily. I have also managed to connect Instagram to my Facebook as well but still haven’t really got my head around how Instagram works yet.

I have got a twitter account but not accessed it for years. Not sure whether it would be worth starting a new account or not.

16 Likes

Not sure it matters I normally just click the twitter icon on the product page.

14 Likes

Juat called in to report a sale - my 100th! (Well I never did!) Please add to tally Max @MaxPringJewellery. Back later for a catch up.

29 Likes

Congrats Chris! Well deserved.

17 Likes

:champagne: :champagne: :champagne: Well done Chris, What a milestone :champagne: :champagne: :champagne:

12 Likes

Congratulations Chris @ChrisStoneArtist

I’ve had a sale today but on the other side.

Had an interesting afternoon school run. A blowout on a major 70mph road and we were stuck on hatchings inbetween the main carriageway and the slip road. They had to send another vehicle out to us as we still had the child on board then we had to walk him across the slip road. All pretty scary but everyone got home safely.

19 Likes

Yay congratulations Chris @ChrisStoneArtist very well deserved :slight_smile: x

13 Likes

Afternoon
Well done Chris @ChrisStoneArtist on your 100th sale. You must be very pleased.
Pat @CuriousBeadCompany I also had problems with uploading my shop to Facebook but after reading the troubleshooting bit on Folksy and changing some settings it suddenly started to work. However I still can’t link my Instagram account to the shop and have given up trying for the moment. I pin everyone’s goodies on to one of my Pinterest boards each day.
I’ve managed to list something new today which is why I haven’t posted until now. I went for a nice walk this morning with friends although it was raining slightly, called for some buttons on my way home, sewn them on, had my hair cut - hooray!! taken photos and listed the cardigan so now ready for a large glass of wine.

24 Likes

Well done Chris @ChrisStoneArtist

14 Likes

@SashaGarrett - fordite, bring it on :smiley:
Sad news about your neighbour @jenniesgems - I imagine there is a lot of that about and probably more to follow.
New listing for to day

25 Likes

Oh Carol that sounds good, how can I find out about how to do this? Do you know?

11 Likes

All done to here

12 Likes

Congratulations on your 100th sale Chris @ChrisStoneArtist :checkered_flag: :clinking_glasses:

14 Likes

Hi again all. Just adding a bit of a notice as I am having a good 'ole sale on Sunday, with 25% off (and I include postage costs within items, so free shipping). I’ve promoted this on Instagram but feel free to share! I’ll also be in the virtual market that day #makersmarketfromhome. Just booked in a couple of outdoor fairs in July and August locally, will be interesting to see how they compare to last year!
Thanks folks x

23 Likes

well done Chris,… @ChrisStoneArtist…what a milestone…brilliant…
AND I got my bill ( and paid it).
For the sharing…I heart on here, then I go to the item and favourite it and pin it onto my folksy pinterest board.
I do have a twitter account, but haven’t worked it out yet.
I cannot do Instagram as I don’t have a smart phone …
I usually come on here several times a day and do a few at a time as that makes it less of a chore.
I am sometimes a bit naughty and if I see a new face and am not sure if they are going to play the game properly, then I will not fave their item, but make a note of who they are…then if they DO join in and do their share, then I go back and LIKE the item at a later date. Sometimes people come on here and don’t read the rules and that isn’t fair…so I wait and see first.

17 Likes

You got me doing the same Brenda. Do like etc then check if not reciprocated don’t bother. Seen too many turn up then when realise a sharing community walk away

16 Likes