Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread June 2020 - please read the first post for joining info!

Well done Shirley @TheBeadHare on your sale! Happy social distancing bop for you!

Natalie x

16 Likes

New listing: Pack of hummingbird notelets

All :heart:'d to here.

20 Likes

Itā€™s good to see you over here Janice. I left the dark side over 18 months ago when they decided to introduce the listings ratings and penalising people if they didnā€™t offer free p&p to the US but Iā€™ve been on here for quite a while though with my other shop @OswestryJewels and then I opened this one quite recently. Here we donā€™t give the other side the courtesy of a name just the dark/other side or just 1st and last letter with **.

It is much nicer here and the people are very friendly, especially on this thread. You do have keep promoting your shop and it does sometimes take a while for the first sale to role in. This thread is a good way to promote your shop and also to get your name out there with other Folksy sellers.

On this thread we either list or relist an item each day and then go through each of the other listings and click on it to view and click on the heart, also it is nice to try to promote in other ways like pinterest, twitter or fb. The other people on the thread will also do these things for your your listing.

Hope you enjoy it here and hope to see more of your lovely jewellery on the thread.

Pauline. xx

18 Likes

All done to here for both shops.
I really like the colours and pattern in your pendant Frances @thatenamelguy and your fox Sarah @thedotterypotter.

Off to bed now see you all in the morning
Nightie night xx

13 Likes

Good morning all, none ofthe photos are showing on items this morning :thinking: hopefully they will sort it out.

A Malachite Pendant today

22 Likes

Good morning everyone! My item for today is a Brecciated Jasper gemstone keyring or handbag charm.

Natalie x

21 Likes

Morning all, woke early this am have some face masks to make. A lot of controversy about how they should be made so have followed the sewing pattern on the government website. Not sure would make to sell even though would only covering costs as feel a bit uncomfortable about the whole situation. May add a few to Folksy and see how it goes.

So apart from the face masks to make a day chillaxing and waiting for the rain!

Enjoy x

A new festival pin

7489580-Festival-Heart-Brooch-Pin-Blue--0

21 Likes

Morning all. Lovely sunny morning again today.
Welcome to all the newbies on the thread. Congratulations to all those with sales, milestone, birthdays, anniversaries etc. Hugs for all those that need a hug.
Gorgeous goodies everyone, what a talented bunch we are.
Loving the colours in the keyring Natalie @NOfkantsCurios.
Nice to see you back Rachel @beadsbyverchiel. Thank you for the blanket love Chris @ChrisStoneArtist hope the portfolio sketching goes well.
A freshwater pearl bracelet from me today.
https://folksy.com/items/7494058-Freshwater-Pearl-Stretch-Bracelet

22 Likes

Morning everyone :slight_smile:
Only had 5 hours sleep again last night - my nerves are frazzled! Just laying there awake, just in case next door make noise and wake me upā€¦figure out that logic!
As it happens, they didnā€™t even make any noise this Morning!
I was also churning over and over old issues about boundry lines on the property and how all the neighbours have taken advantage of us over the years and built within our boundary lines - even though I spoke up at the time, nothing happened to change it and now I feel like a right pushover! Next door now wants me to sort out our adjoining fence as one of the fence posts has rotted through but itā€™s actually all part of their decking (which again was built within our boundary by their landlord) I really want to replace the whole thing and never wanted what was built in the first place but none of that can be done until the decking goes -so Iā€™m feeling grrrrrrr about being steamrollered into something thatā€™s going to cost me money but not be what I want. Iā€™m going to have to refuse but then thereā€™s all that added stress as Mr DP never speaks up about anything!

Sorry rant over!

My listing today are some flower buttons:

22 Likes

22 Likes

all done to here, morning everyone.

14 Likes

Morning everyone,
Todayā€™s listing

20 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: all caught up to here :slight_smile: mine for today is yet another new baby item, hope you are not bored of them yet lol :wink: have a lovely day everyone :slight_smile: xxx

lilac cardigan

20 Likes

Couldnā€™t resist your gorgeous buttons Sarah! Iā€™ve been mulling over some Folk Art tote bag ideas and your buttons would be perfect :grinning:

15 Likes

Caught up to here. Congrats on your sale @TheBeadHare.
Love the notelets @onesweetiepea, not surprised they have resulted in a sale for you too, well done. Lovely earrings @bowerbirddesigns, classy necklace @MaxPringJewellery.
Relist today, Harlyn bay watercolour.
https://folksy.com/items/7415457-Harlyn-Bay-beach-Cornwall-small-watercolour-painting-

23 Likes

Chris. You have no link to your Harlyn bay watercolour listing.
SallyAnn

14 Likes

morning allā€¦well done to all those with sales
Big Hugs Sarah @thedotterypotter ā€¦
today I have a glittery paintingā€¦we all need glitter
https://folksy.com/items/7494083-original-art-glitter-painting-ref-F-173-

23 Likes

Thanks SallyAnn. Have edited. I havenā€™t mastered how to do a clickable link again yet, though I see the facility is back for the initiated.

16 Likes

Morning all, just popped in for a catch up before I go & sort out photos (so procrastinating really!)
Gorgeous pendants Francis @thatenamelguy & Max @MaxPringJewellery, & that Jasper is stunning Natalie @NOfkantsCurios

Interesting reading the pricing discussions - Iā€™ve been thinking about this too after a discussion on the FB clubhouse group. This article was linked - the bit that struck me was working out your pricing & then doubling it for wholesale price, then doubling again for your retail price!! :open_mouth: I also realised recently that if I wanted to work with a physical shop, or have a sale, then I donā€™t really have enough leeway in my prices. Also, worth thinking about labour costs - Iā€™ve had a flat rate for my time which Iā€™ve always used, but if you worked for a company youā€™d usually get a payrise annually to at least cover inflation. When did you last give yourself a payrise Sarah @thedotterypotter?!

Pricing easily one of the trickiest parts of this game!! Hey ho, better stop wittering on & go & do some work! Back later with a listing, have a fab day all x

18 Likes

yay - thanks Helen - Iā€™ll pop them in the post today xx Canā€™t wait to see what you do with them!

Sorry about the rant earlier - Iā€™ve stepped away from my thoughts and got some perspective now.
Itā€™s hard being an opinionated introvertā€¦lol!
If I donā€™t speak up, I hate myself afterwards and if I do speak up, I end up worrying about what I said, what I should have said and what I shouldnā€™t have said for week, months or even years afterwards!

19 Likes