Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MARCH 2018

Carol, my eldest son has the same condition. He lives in the States and it makes me very thankful that we have the NHS here, whatever its limitations!

5 Likes

Hope everyoneā€™s enjoying their Saturday

Hereā€™s todayā€™s listing

3 Likes

Carol @Knittingtopia - oh my goodness, what a worrying time for you. I really hope that they can sort out the medication supply as quickly as possible. xx

Thanks for all the kind wishes everyone - Iā€™m a lot calmer now - only had 3 hours sleep last night but feeling much better this evening and very tired, so hopefully Iā€™ll be Zzzzzing by 10 oā€™clock!

Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics - love your pot today :slight_smile:

Just going to come back with a re-list and a lotta love for all of your lovely things x

Oh, 2 more sales to add please Max @paperchainsandbeads

6 Likes

Evening everyone a bit late today i had the grandchildren last night and they have not long gone home so feeling quite worn out now

3 Likes

Wowā€¦ that was quite a catch up. You have been busy :blush:

Just a relist from me Iā€™m afraid. Itā€™s been abit too dull & gloomy here to take photos.

I hope all poorly folk are feeling better soon.

What a frightening position to be in Carol @Knittingtopia with your meds. Not good for your stress levels. I hope they can sort something out for you soon.

After much thought and mulling over Iā€™ve decided to switch my attention over to my shop on tā€™other side abit as a abit of a trial period.
I know I donā€™t put much effort in there and yet views ok with the occasional sale.
Things arenā€™t really going that well for me here despite putting all my time and focus here.
I love it here so I wonā€™t be disappearing completely just taking a little step back.
The problem is with having a part time job too I only manage a couple of new makes a week and I automatically list here with having the plus account. In the meantime my poor other shop is getting neglected and unloved.

I will still pop in and love & pin for March and add some relists.

11 Likes

Aww, weā€™ll miss you being around so much Karen @karenscraftybitz but understand that you have to do whatā€™s best for the business with your limited time available xx

I actually sold two items over on the dark side today - thatā€™s the first this year! I must find time to fill up that shop - itā€™s only got about 8 items in it!

I had a good news story today - a customer ordered nearly Ā£60 worth of goods but the parcel never arrived. After a few weeks, she contacted me - I had the proof of postage but didnā€™t send trackable, so we couldnā€™t trace it (May have to re-think that) so anyway, she contacted the local sorting office but they were no help. I was happy to refund but she decided to just double check her shed just in case and Eureka - she found the parcel stuffed down the side of her shed! The box was wet and all falling apart as it had been outside for about 3 weeks by this point through all that snow! All the items were perfectly intact - so at least I know they are frost proof now! She sent me a photo showing her enjoying a nice cup of tea in her new mug! I was so happy that it turned up safe and sound (well kind of!)

My re-list today is:

12 Likes

Good evening
@paperchainsandbeads yes thank you after radiotherapy I am still here 19 yrs on, just very lucky to be here!! Had 3 back ops that havenā€™t worked that is why I canā€™t go to work but count my lucky stars!! Hope you are feeling well soon.

Another cot blanket

7 Likes

Itā€™s taken me ages to get my design for kingfisher stud earrings right, but Iā€™ve finally done it and here they are :grinning: https://folksy.com/items/7115203-Kingfisher-Stud-Earrings

9 Likes

Awww thanks Sarah @thedotterypotter I will miss you all too and miss the daily challenge also, but I feel Iā€™ve got to try a different angle with my promoting and focus or else it will drive me batty.
So glad the missing parcel was found and contents safe & sound. Makes you wonder sometimes what the delivery folks are thinking when they squirrel parcels in nooks and crannies. They mustnā€™t have left a note for your customer which is bad. Who would think to look in a shed crevice.
Iā€™ve heard of parcels being left in wheelie bins too. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@TChristianJewellery your kingfishers are beautiful Tim :blush:

2 Likes

Carol @Knittingtopia when I worked in healthcare in that situation there would always be a medical alert published and circulated to GPs, pharmacy, lead pharmacists etc advising of difficulties in obtaining supplies and what alternative course of action or products could be used. Iā€™m sure a similar system must still be in existence. Have you tried Googling? Iā€™m not sure if the Alert notifications are readily available on line, but they might just show up.

At least youā€™ll be able to add intro your product information that your items have been tested and are confirmed as being frost and snow -proof Sarah @thedotterypotter!

Good luck with your shop on the other side Karen @karenscraftybitz . I try to give my shop over there time and attention, but always favour my Folksy shop.

A sale to report please Max @paperchainsandbeads - the first for a while

and a new listing

5 Likes

Evening all!

Lovely kingfishers @TChristianJewellery :slight_smile:

Glad you feel better Sarah @thedotterypotter and phew about the parcel!

Glad youā€™re not disappearing completely @karenscraftybitz

Goodness, hope they sort a supply sooner @Knittingtopia

Thanks @magsmaxwelljewellerydesign I did get a little lie in this morning before I was coerced into making pancakes hehe.

Congrats all with sales!

A new box from me, little bit more violet than the last.

Liked and pinned to here :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hugs Carol @Knittingtopia I hope they find some stashed away in a corner for you as a stop gap! This is ridiculous! I have had a similar situation with my husbands diabetes, he has a weird version, diabetes LADA, Latent Auto-immune diatetes, brought on from his health concerns back in 2003 when he mis diagonsedā€¦ anyhow, it has caused all sorts of problems and he became diatetic, on top of everything else a few years ago, they still canā€™t quite manage his symptoms, but one insulin injection they prescribed him to take daily, was so unusual that no one had any, he had one days left and they were search high and low to get him more ā€¦ itā€™s a worry, we are at the Mercy of the medicine companies! I hope they get you sorted soon!

I have been having my own little nightmare here, the chap who was supposed to be pollarding my eucalyptus tree, (cut down lower branches, did not pollard, so tree still has its height) set himself on fire!!! Well his sleeves anyway! Can you believe he threw petrol on a bonfire!!! I have begged and pleaded him not to attempt to burn any tree cuttings! I would rather have a mountain of tree debris in my garden than a death in my garden! I put out a plea on Facebook for anyone who wanted wood to come and collect. Had lots of response, most of the wood has been collected, just a bit more to go of the large logs, and loads of thinner branches with leaves, but happy to deal with that a bit at a time.

Very nerve wracking time!!!

Natalie x

6 Likes

It soundā€™s like he didnā€™t have a clue what he was doing, did you check to see if he had a chainsaw qualification? Iā€™ve got the basic quals and I used to occasionally help out a tree surgeon friend, Iā€™ve since watched unqualified people use chainsaws and it scares the hell out of me!

3 Likes

My husband organised him, and I am just not leaving the house when he is here, just in case I need to run out with my sewing kit to sew his leg or arm back on!!!

Itā€™s been terrifying! I have been videoing so if he says he was injured, I can show what an idiot he has been!

Natalie x

6 Likes

Patricia @silverbirchstudio Iā€™m in an online support group and most members are from USA. I often read their stories and although I have had numerous problems, I am so grateful Iā€™m here and not there.

Sue @BeadstormJewellery my GP surgery didnā€™t know neither did the 5 different pharmacies I went to so either theyā€™re all incompetent or they donā€™t get alerts. It will be interesting to know if the endocrine team at the hospital are aware when the GP phones them.

My anxiety has passed now so thatā€™s something.

All loved to here.

6 Likes

Good morning :blush:
Happy Mothering Sunday to all the fab Mums :bouquet:

3 Likes

Happy Mothering Sunday to you all.

I have something mummy like today, a scarf in lilac yarn with floral accents.

And the matching fingerless mittens.

Natalie x

5 Likes

Happy Mothering Sunday :yellow_heart: we managed a lovely walk in the woods, a trip to our favourite cafe yesterday, and one of her favourite meals for tea. Itā€™s so lovely to see my daughter, but she is leaving to go back to London before 4 today, such a short time. And she still has a machine load of washing to dry, and biscuits to make for her colleagues. But my other daughter is coming round as well, so that will be nice.
Todayā€™s listing, I made this in London, and Iā€™ve forgotten to put it on here!

And another sale to add to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads yesterdayā€™s pocket mirror sold.

13 Likes

Morning all, thought I would just do a bit of loving and give you all an update. All your kind words meant so much. My mother is still hanging in, sheā€™s 97 and @thedotterypotter made her an awesome heart for Motherā€™s Day - thank you, it was fab. The consultant at the hospital gave me a bunch of antibiotics so I could get down to see her and assured me my appendix wouldnā€™t burst! Sadly, she didnā€™t recognise me but it was good to hug her. I now have an out-patient appointment at the hospital on Thursday for a CT scan, after which they will remove the appendix, hopefully by keyhole surgery. Will also be getting an ultra sound of the liver as there appears to be something growing there. All in all, Iā€™ve had amazing treatment from the NHS, family, friends and this group. Have opened up shop and, while Iā€™m pretty much fasting over the next few days, will be doing lots of sewing.

Too much to comment on but I see a few of you also having tough times so thoughts are with you all.

Hereā€™s a new purse from me today.

15 Likes

@LifeCovers thank you so much for taking the time to pop in. Very best wishes and a virtual hug. X

3 Likes