Linking shop to FB and Insta

I have somehow managed to create a link on FB to my Folksy shop but it has only added 4 items. These are random and not just the latest additions to my shop. Anyone know why? When it completed the upload it said there were 9 items but when I view the shop (all products) there are only 4.

You would need to go into the catalogue manager in meta business suite and see what flags have been raised against the items it isn’t showing. It could be that FB thinks you are selling something against its policies (I know a number of painters who do animal pictures had issues with FB thinking they were selling live animals) or that a piece of info is missing.

1 Like

I’ve done that. They are all visible and no issues showing. It doesn’t make any sense

It shows 4 but if you hit the see all products I think you will find they are all there

1 Like

Interesting as there were definitely only 4 there when I looked earlier and there is still one missing. Must be slowly updating and the last one will appear next time it refreshes or something.

1 Like

If you include the big picture there are 9

1 Like

But if you click on the ‘see all’ (above the back pack in your screen shot) it only shows you 8, the last one in your screen shot disappears. Weird. Time to give up on FB and start the weekend.

I think it has updated. No idea what’s happening but I’ll try to add some more to folksy and see if it updates

I’m curious how you have got your folksy listings to go through at all. I’ve given up trying, the ones that are there on mine I have done manually

2 Likes

@CrochetandI Did you try following the blog article (just ignore all the bits about instagram) - there is a trouble shooting section at the end. How to set up Instagram Shopping for your Folksy shop | Folksy Blog

I did try following and even e-mailed support who said you can’t link them, so I started to manually do it. I did have E linked, I was getting really frustrated with it. I will have another look at the article and see if I can get it to work

I think it was a fluke to be honest
When you go to add an item chose data feed, say yes to uploading spreadsheet or file, use the .rss URL and keep your fingers crossed

2 Likes

Thank you, going to give it another go - might have to wait till Monday when I can use my work computer

@chamaeleonco and @SashaGarrett I’ve done it - feels like a happy dance moment

Could either of you just pop and check I’ve linked it all properly to my fb page crochetandihandmade

Cant believe how frustrated I had got with it all :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

working well for me @CrochetandI , the items are linking back to your Folksy shop and there is a nice full catalogue.

(and we’ve all had those argh! moments when dealing with FB)

3 Likes

Thank you @SashaGarrett

Now lets see if it drives any traffic

So pleased it worked for you

1 Like